linda8214, Home Owner in Miami, FL

If the condo association has foreclose my house and lock me out, how do I get my belongings back?

Asked by linda8214, Miami, FL Tue Jun 26, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Steven Epste…, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Tue Jun 26, 2012
You've probably not being paying your mortgae or your condo dues, correct? If so, there may be a Court Appointed Receiver taking possession of the premises by Court Order, correct? Everyone now must follow the courts instructions so contact the Courts, Condo Assn Mgr and/or Reeciver to find out how to proceed. They may be good enough & willing to give you supervised access to remove your personal property. Or they may need to "Evict It".... and there are specific laws to be followed by ALL parties (and that includes you). So contact an attorney to protect your rights. No one here that I know of is an attorney and I am NOT a lawyer so I'm unable to give you any legal advice whatsoever, sorry. But there is a truism ... "pay you stay, don't you wont" ...
1 vote
Lila Lopez, Agent, South Miami, FL
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Good Morning,

Clearly your question is one that you would need to address to an attorney that does specialize in foreclosure proceedings so that your rights are properly protected. Despite you not being able to pay your association fees, you do still have rights and you will want to ensure that they are taken into account. Good luck in obtaining your personal belongings, and should you need a referral to a real estate attorney, I would be able to give you the contact information of one that can assist you, assuming you have not had an attorney already working with you on your dispute with the association and/or lender.

Lila Lopez
RE/MAX Advance Realty
0 votes
Luis S. Munoz, Both Buyer And Seller, Indialantic, FL
Tue Jun 26, 2012
If you have any papers from the court on the foreclosure, I may be able to help you. I need the Court name and court case to work. If you have that, I will stop the foreclosure and force them to give you back your condo. You can email me the info at :
Luis S
0 votes
Nereida Figu…, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Jun 26, 2012
Any personal property which is inside a property at time of Eviction, depending on the bank, maybe is going to sent to a warehouse or because is inside an owner's property them is going to be out. For every property in foreclosure there is someone in charge, look at the papers posted at the window and door and call them to know how to get your belongings back. Remember we are not a lawyer,
0 votes
Aurora Arias, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Jun 26, 2012
You need to contact lawyer.
0 votes
Astolfo Boli…, Agent, POMPANO BEACH, FL
Tue Jun 26, 2012
Tall to the manager of the community first
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more