Ingrith, Other/Just Looking in Aventura, FL

If my lease finishes in 1 month, and I just found out the apartment in in foreclosure. Should not pay this?

Asked by Ingrith, Aventura, FL Mon Mar 24, 2008

last month, and then not sign a new contract, and live there until they tell me to move, since the owner hasn't paid for 6 months, and Iam sure he will not give me back my security deposit, since he has no money. Or what should I do?

Answers

2
Paula Bean, , Orlando, FL
Mon Mar 24, 2008
Consult a local real estate attorney immediately.

The laws in your State may vary from the advice given here on this forum. You have no time to lose, get expert advice from a local real estate atty as to what your issues are as a tenant.
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Mon Mar 24, 2008
The apartment may be in a voluntary foreclosure situation. Most likely your landlord has the money to pay...just does not want to! The rent that you pay; most likely is less than half of the carrying costs. So, in effect- the landlord is actually paying you to live there. Check with your landlord first- find out first-hand what his/her intentions are... You may be surprised.