I would like to sell my house in Oceanside Ca the summer of 2008 and relocate to Clovis/Fresno Ca.

Asked by Sean, 92056 Tue Nov 6, 2007

How do you think the two locations market differ then compared to now?

Answers

3
Michael Robe…, Agent, San Ramon, CA
Tue Nov 6, 2007
Good Morning Sean, Oceanside's market will certainly hold value and be the strongest in comparison with The Central Valley. If the market remains soft..Fresno/Clovis will be softer than Oceanside. Why?
simple matter of supply. Fresno/Clovis still boasts available land for developement where as Oceanside has little available land in comparison. Summary: Selling in a soft market only allows you more opportunity as a buyer, proportionately. Be sure to interview a minimum of three agents to find the one that best represents your needs and wants. Good Luck to you!

Michael
http://www.MichaelRobertsHomes.com
Lee Lovitt, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Jun 11, 2008
Hi Sean...

The Oceanside market is stronger, so you should still get a good price for your home this summer and get a bargain in Clovis/Fresno

let me kknow if you need a brilliant broker for the sale of your home in Oceanside.
Lee Lovitt Symbolic Realty Owner/Broker
symbolicrealty@yahoo.com
http://www.symbolicrealty.net
Nathan, Home Buyer, Fresno, CA
Wed Apr 9, 2008
I live in Fresno and MaryAnn's answer below is right on the money. Currently we have around 18 months worth of inventory and 25% of all homes for sale are either REO's or short sales? Inventory is up about 10% since January 1, 2008 and the market should remain soft for at least another 18-24 months. We are experiencing an increase in our unemployment rate that now stands around 11% due to the fact so many jobs related to the real estate industry have been eliminated over the last 2 years. Prices should continue to decline because our market is way out of balance from a supply and demand prospective.