I would like to know what are my rights as a viable co-borrower: Can I keep my APPROVED loan modification and

Asked by Vicki, 91506 Fri May 8, 2009

my house even if my spouse (who wants a divorce) refuses to sign the approved modification docs and wants to walk away? I have been a viable co-borrower, making half of the house payments since the life of the loan and initially using personal injury monies for the down payment. What are my rights to protect me from losing my home just because he wants to walk away.PLEASE HELP!

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Dyanna’s answer
Dyanna, , California
Fri May 8, 2009
In order to qualify for the loan modification the person on the loan needs to sign the modification documents. If both of you are on the loan then you both need to sign. You might have to see an attorney on this because of the impending divorce.

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more