I was the owner of a property that was foreclosed on by Suntrust. I would like to buy it back. Who do I contact?

Asked by Ms P, Omaha, AR Sat Jun 4, 2011

I currently have a tenant in the home. I have contacted the litigation department but they are giving me the run around. Suntrust foreclosed on the home while I was going through a loan modification and I was also informed that the sale of my home was postponed but it was sold. Now they are giving me the runaournd. I would like to buy it back without having my tenant move out.

Answers

5
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sat Jun 4, 2011
You need to first garner if it was sold at foreclsoure auction to someone else or if suntrust bought it back at foreclsoure auction. Most loan modifications on investment properties to not go through as it is not your residence. The tenant most likely will be serviced with papers letting them know who has taken over the house and offering them cash for keys. I would speak with your tenant if they have a contact yet form teh bank or asset management company that will sell the property. The litigation dept is probabily not the dept you want, it would be their reo dept. Good luck working things out
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Jun 4, 2011
You may wish to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, have all documentation reviewed and see exactly what options you may have....
shallow.bear, Home Buyer, Omaha, NE
Wed Jan 16, 2013
this is the shallow.bear that just asked about the forcloser on the house im in but it is in colorado
shallow.bear, Home Buyer, Omaha, NE
Wed Jan 16, 2013
i was just forclosed on by the bank but my name is on the title but not the lese my ex husbend was to inform me when this came around so i could take it over but never did now i had a sherff here to evict me and i cant just up and leave im in a wheel chair and am an at high risk adult i need to know what to do
Gary Geer, Agent, Antioch, IL
Sat Jun 4, 2011
Ms P,
The answer Scott gave is accurate. In addtion normally after a foreclosure banks do not sell the property back to the previous owners or anyone related to them. Speak to an attorney and ask for assistance. The attorney can contact the banks legal department and get clarification.

Gary Geer