Foreclosure in Philadelphia>Question Details

Julia Martin, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

I want to buy a tax lien property at the Philadelphia Sheriff sale.

Asked by Julia Martin, Philadelphia, PA Wed Jan 14, 2009

The property is occupied by tenants, but not the owner. I want the property for my own residence, but I dont want to be a landlord to the other tenants. What kinds of issues will I encounter as a result of buying this property? How fast can I get the tenants out? How soon can I move in? How much does it cost to evict tenants as a result of a sheriff sale? Please let me know...

Hi Julia,

Your question has a need for many answers. There is a class in regards to Sheriff Sales on January 28th at the Sheriff's Office. It begins at 12 noon and you have to register to attend. This class should be able to answer any questions you may have. If you need any further information you may contact me if needed.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 14, 2009
In most instances lender will pay for back taxes bring current release county tax liens. You own the lien not property, confer with real estate attorney for your options.
Web Reference:
Be advised that in buying a tax lien, you are not buying the property, only the LIEN. You do not get title to the property. You need to be consulting an attorney about this.