I want to buy a property by the beach in Florida, where are the best areas to consider as regards pricing and closeness to the beach. I hear horror

Asked by Nj_man, 94519 Mon Nov 2, 2009

stories about damages to some cheap properties, please advise

Answers

3
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Mon Nov 2, 2009
NJ

As a former Floridian, I can contribute to this question....

Since Florida is surrounded by water on the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean, and we have so many islands all the way down to the Keys, you probably should state your preferences as regards to lifestyle and climate.

For example, if you prefer a year-round warm weather, you'd be better off going all the way down to South Florida. Because in North Florida, we have changes in climate and temperature. One of the most amusing things we see are people who come to Florida dressed in summer clothes only to find themselves freezing in the winter time. Yes, even in Orlando, we've had cold weather that go down to the teens and twenties.

So first order of business: WHERE in Florida do you want to live?

What amenities would you like to have?

If you're a senior citizen, do you want to be in retirement communities?

After you've decided on what you want, then we can certainly refer you to realtors who are experienced and knowledgeable about waterfront properties and the people who built them. And don't forget, we have lakes and rivers and causewaus too....So you have a lot to choose from.
Web Reference:  http://www.PacitaRealtor.com
Arturo Shive…, Agent, Danville, VA
Thu Nov 12, 2009
If you would like a referral, I have a associate at Keller Williams Realty who is just great. I referred another Californian to her to see properties while on business and my client was impressed. The areas that she would know would be St. Pete Beach, Dunedin, Safety Harbor and Belle Air to name a few; basically south of Dunedin I think.

Send me your contact information and I would be glad to connect you.

Arturo C. Shivers, Realtor
CA DRE Lic. #01779941
760 Camino Ramon, Suite 200
Danville, CA 94526
Office: (925) 855-8333 Ext. 272
Joanna Morris, Agent, Floral City, FL
Mon Nov 2, 2009
There are short sales and foreclosures in the Florida market. Some of these can be damaged or have appliances missing even but there are some that are in move in condition. Do you want to be on the Gulf side or ocean side of Florida. Do you want quiet living - not crowded? OR do you want big City? There are some terrific bargains out there right now.