Kaytie, Other/Just Looking in Pittsburgh, PA

I want info on foreclosed homes, but I dont really want to pay any kind of membership fees to websites. Is there any way to get free info/photos?

Asked by Kaytie, Pittsburgh, PA Wed Sep 21, 2011

Answers

7
Dp2, , Virginia
Sat Sep 24, 2011
Besides working with an agent, or checking out various websites, you also might want to consider reaching out to some of the investors in your area.
Luther Worma…, Agent, North Huntingdon, PA
Sat Sep 24, 2011
Hi Kaytie,

Lately I have been putting together lists of foreclosed homes for buyers. It generally takes me a few hours to gather the information based on your criteria. I service Westmoreland county and I'm very familiar with the New Kensington area. Please feel free to drop by my site and place your criteria and I'd be happy to send you available foreclosers as they come onto the market.
Lauryn Eadie, Agent, Reston, VA
Wed Sep 21, 2011
Kaytie,

If a bank forecloses on the home and it goes back to the bank (REO) then the bank will post the home for sale with a Real Estate Agent. Once that happens all agents servicing that jurisdiction will have access to the sale information and any photos available.

If you are looking for homes that might be facing foreclosure or a list of homes going for auction on the court house steps, you can try to check in with your local county/town/city governement court. The notices for default/delinquincy and foreclosure sale are all posted with the local court. At least that is how it happens in my neck of the woods.
Tina Lam, Agent, San Jose, CA
Wed Sep 21, 2011
Like others have recommended, you should work with an experienced realtor for that information. Ultimately, you'll need his help to close a deal on a foreclosed home, so you might as well start building a good working relationship.
Web Reference:  http://www.archershomes.com
Jordan Paint…, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Wed Sep 21, 2011
Real estate agents in your area will have access to this information. Ask a local Realtor to run a search for available foreclosures and send you weekly updates..
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Wed Sep 21, 2011
There are many websites that agents have to attract buyers to homes that have been foreclosed, which is totally different than homes in foreclosure. Once foreclosed they are owned by someone, often the bank gets them back. The bank will list them for sale and agents can sell them. Do a google search for REO or bank owned homes in your area.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Sep 21, 2011
For accurate and free information do consider working with an agent of your own....