I started a lease May 2008 to end April 31, 2009. In December 2008 I made and signed a lease addendem stating

Asked by Kameronwlsn, Phoenix, AZ Tue Jun 9, 2009

that if I did not pay on time by the 1st of the month we would leave without a 5 day notice or legal action because I was having problems keeping up due to lose of job. May 2009 started a extension lease for 6 months, having the same problem this month with the rent. However, the landlord sent a 5 day notice to pay or quit dated June 5, 2009 via email received same day they emailed it June 5th, received via certified mail June 8th. Now they are threatening to come tonight before the end of the 5 day notice to make us turn over possession of the property because of the addendum that I signed and sent them via Email, Dec 2008. Question, must the addendum be signed by both parties to be binding, I sent it via email with my signature but there was never an signed signature from them on it and doesn't the 5 day notice supersede the lease addendum meaning that they now have to go through the eviction process to evict us?