I see many foreclosure listings for Powell, Ohio but many of them are not for sale. Can I contact the owner of the foreclosure to buy the house?

Asked by Dst78, 43065 Tue Jan 11, 2011

Answers

7
Molly Hay -…, Agent, Columbus, OH
Tue May 31, 2011
Are you working with a realtor? As a buyer a realtor is a free service to you! It is EXTREMELY important to use an agent experienced with selling foreclosures. Make sure you interview agents and pick the agent you feel will get the job done for you! Ask each agent you meet for a resume! This is a great way to see how many foreclosures they have sold and will give you a peace of mind that you are in good hands. Most of the time these agents have contacts at the different banks or property management companies and can lead you in the right path before other buyers! Foreclosures and Short sales are the hardest homes to close!! Good Luck to you!
Carol Toronto, Agent, Powell, OH
Wed Jan 12, 2011
Many of the previous posts are accurate. I do not know where you found the foreclosure listings and hopefully you did not sign up for Realty Trac and pay for useless information. Realty Trac posts homes that have had a bank levy or some type of action against them and you don't know what that action is, many of those never make it to Sheriff's Sale. The Sheriff's sale list is a good place to start, but again, the bank buys them back if they do not sell for a certain percentage of the debt. Before it gets to market, It can take from 1 month to 6 months to resolve any hanging issues with a property (multiple liens). Best source you have, is to have a Realtor search bank properties that have had all those issues addressed, and be prepared to do work on it. The utilities get turned off, pipes freeze...etc. Terrible system.
Web Reference:  http://www.caroltoronto.com
Lynda Long, Agent, Columbus, OH
Wed Jan 12, 2011
Of course you can contact the owner..that's what makes this a great country. The biggest question will be "who is the owner"? Foreclosure is a process. Best of luck.
Jason Opland, Agent, Westerville, OH
Tue Jan 11, 2011
You're not likely to receive a very warm reception from most of these homeowners and in most instances by the time these properties show up on the sheriff's website and many of the foreclosure listing sites it's already to late to orchestrate a purchase of the property (pre-foreclosure). That said, we are short sale (pre-foreclosure) specialists, we have access to systems that provide advanced notifications of defaults and handle the majority of the pre-foreclosure property sales in the area (you can confirm this by performing a search for active pre-foreclosure / short sale listings in Columbus). If you're interested in pursuing one of these properties I would invite you to contact us , you may also visit our website for additional information. Thank you!

Jason Opland
jasonopland@msn.com
614.332.6984
Web Reference:  http://www.JasonOpland.com
Sharon Andre…, Agent, Dublin, OH
Tue Jan 11, 2011
I live in Powell, Ohio and would be happy to help you locate foreclosures in our town. Call me at 614-563-0475 or e-mail me at sue.andreas@kingthompson.com.
Jerri Davis, Agent, Columbus, OH
Tue Jan 11, 2011
What homes or properties are you looking into? I have resources that allows me to locate information on foreclosures.
Jerri Davis, Agent, Columbus, OH
Tue Jan 11, 2011
What homes or properties are you looking at? I have resources that allows me to locate information on foreclosed properties.