I revoked signature authority and power of attorney from my mortgage company. Can they still foreclose?

Asked by Brainchildd, Lithonia, GA Tue Jul 31, 2012

I revoked signature authority and power of attorney from my mortgage company. I am gathering information for my civil suit. I properly notified the mortgage company, but they just sent me a notice for foreclosure. I am at the beginning stage of the process, so the foreclosure must run in the newspaper. Should I send a letter to the newspaper to have the listing removed. Please give me as much info as you can. I am 39 weeks pregnant and I can not afford an attorney right now. I will have to do this pro se until I can get back to work.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Habambbixby, Home Buyer, Lithonia, GA
Thu May 25, 2017
Look up Certificate of Acknowledgement and file with Clerk of Court. This will give you good title and completely wipe out all liens on the property, as well as make you the "OWNER" of the property.
0 votes
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Tue Jul 31, 2012
Rodney is right, Brainchild.

You sound like you are fooling around with the law without the help of an attorney.

Just read that security deed in your file and the truth shall set you free.

Take care of being a good Mom, lower your stress and if you can't get legal help then heed the bank's notices and focus on awareness...
0 votes
Thank you for your kindness. I really appreciate it. I have been getting help from family and friends and obviously this is one of those things where I may have gotten bad advice. With the little money I have left, I will try to obtain an attorney who does it all. I also want to do a short sale to get out of the house. I am just scared that I will have to leave rather quickly. Being alone with an infant is the so scary. I you know of an attorney that can help me, I certainly would hope for a referral.
Flag Tue Jul 31, 2012
, ,
Tue Jul 31, 2012
This is a question for an attorney. Once you sign your documentation at closing, I have never heard of anyone being able to make change such as the one you stated. Those are all legal documents that cannot be altered once signed by the borrower.

Georgia is a non-judicial foreclosure state. This means the lender does not have to go before hte courts to begin foreclosure proceedings. Once you have missed your mortgage payment, the mortgage company then has the right to begin the foreclosure proceedings by advertising the notice in the newspaper of record for the county.

I am not sue what outcome you are expecting if you are not making your required mortgage payments.
0 votes
Lol.. Really? An attorney who has never heard of being able to revoke A POWER OF ATTORNEY? In instances of fraud, which all the banks are guilty of, it is necessary. Mortgage payments are only required when the debt has not been paid off. It does not matter who pays it or how, as long as it's payed. Unless you think the banks continued attempts to collect on loans they already received payment for is legal? If so then I can assure you, it's not! It is a powerful remedy for victims of fraud since many attorneys are ignorant of the law and thus of no help.
Flag Wed Dec 31, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Foreclosure in Lithonia Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more