I posted a Question earlier and got some fantastic response, but I still need help. I've done everything, but HOA refuse to cooperate.

Asked by abednegoh, Denver, CO Wed May 15, 2013

I bought a property through REO sale on the top unit of my building. The inspection showed that leaks in the roof caused drywall damage in my unit. My agent contacted the HOA prior to closing and they said they'd review the damages to determine if it's something that they can cover. I closed on the property last April, and have been chasing the HOA to get the drywall fixed ever since. At one point, they said they'd repaired the damages, but now changed their mind because they're saying that the damages occurred prior to me purchasing the unit, even though I started working with them before I bought the unit. This has caused me considerable distress as I have mentioned in countless emails to them, but there's absolutely nothing I can do to get them to repair the unit. I saved all my communications with them – including the one where they said they’d repair the damages. Is there an attorney out there that can do a free or cheap consultation to see if I have a case against them? T

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Tim Klein’s answer
Tim Klein, Agent, Littleton, CO
Wed May 15, 2013
Yes, Oliver is best, but not cheap. have your agent contact the Realtor hot line (no charge). Also, HindmanSanchez would be less costly if they're not the attorney of record for your building.
1 vote
Chuck Strau…, Agent, Denver, CO
Wed May 15, 2013
Oliver Frascona would also get my recommendation. OR Greg Parham http://(www.parhamlawfirm.com)
Chuck Strauss
Your Castle Real Estate
2 votes
Robert McGui…, Agent, Denver, CO
Wed May 15, 2013

You might also try Greg Parham of Parham Law firm here in Denver. He was council to Canyon Title and the primary Real Estate Attorney and consultant for our office here at Your Castle Real Estate. Oliver Frascona is widely considered the top Real Estate Attorney in Denver. I hope you do get this all worked out. Let us know.

Robert McGuire
Your Castle Realestate
1 vote
Thank you Robert, well appreciated.
Flag Wed May 15, 2013
Julie Montgo…, , 80238
Wed May 15, 2013
Agreed ... Oliver Frascona's firm in Boulder, CO.
1 vote
Jeff Gadd, Agent, Denver, CO
Wed May 15, 2013
unfortunately, your agent has liability here. If you don't want to go that direction, call Oliver Franscona (attorney). Look him up on the internet.
1 vote
Jeff Gadd, Agent, Denver, CO
Wed May 15, 2013
Hate to tell you this but your agent has liability here, Oliver Franscona is the attorney you want to talk to. Look him up on the internet.
1 vote
Sean Dougher…, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Wed May 15, 2013
Contact Hindman Sanchez in Denver.
1 vote
Thanks Sean. I visited his website, but I appears that he represents HOAs, not the other way around. I'll give it one more look.
Flag Wed May 15, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more