I paid off my morgage in full will be nearly a year ago still no one knows where the deed to my house is! how would i find it? anyone have any ideals?

Asked by Rhondaw, 88101 Thu Oct 28, 2010

my house is in Clovis New Mexico,

Answers

6
michele cado…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Oct 31, 2010
You may also want to contact the title company that you closed with.
Rhondaw, Home Owner, 88101
Thu Oct 28, 2010
i have contacted the mortgage and the city hall no one knows where the deed would be!
Bentley Affe…, Agent, Midlothian, VA
Thu Oct 28, 2010
I would say contact the mortgage company or you can go down to your local courthouse. Good luck!
Bob Movin-On, , Hartford, CT
Thu Oct 28, 2010
You have the deed and if you can not find it you can get a copy at your city/town hall.
So many people confuse mortgages with auto loans with auto loans the lender keeps the title but with a mortgage it is a loan which is secured by a lien placed on your deed which you own.
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Thu Oct 28, 2010
Dear Rhondaw,
Contact the mortgage company that you were paying your mortgage to.That would be the best place to check first. Deeds are also recorded at the County Recorder Office in the city where your home is located.
Web Reference:  http://www.doreneslavitz.com
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Thu Oct 28, 2010
A real estate lawyer should be able to help. Or check with a title company with an in-house lawyer.