I paid for and installed a photovoltaic system on my home. Now I have to walk and want to take the system with me. I am in Arizona. I paid for it and

Asked by Poncho, 85382 Tue Dec 8, 2009

I installed it, can I take it ?

Answers

5
Chris & Mich…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Wed Dec 26, 2012
As everyone else has mentioned, its always best to leave the house with as many functioning warrantied items as possible. If this system is unique to you and you ensure that any damaged caused during the uninstall process is fixed then you should be fine, good luck!
Michael Pete…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Tue Nov 20, 2012
As long as the system is removed while you own the property you are fine. Once the bank takes possession or you are under contract on a short sale nothing can be removed. It's always best to do the right thing, make sure you leave the roof in good repair. Good Luck.
Spirit Messi…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Thu Jan 20, 2011
I have viewed well over 100 REO (foreclosures) and seen them in all different states. Some owners have taken everything they could, including the carpet and things that are "fixed". I have also seen REOs that have left washers & dryers which were theirs and they should have taken it.

Best of luck.
Spirit Messingham
Tierra Antigua Realty
Tucson, AZ
Cynthia Gros…, Agent, Belleville, IL
Wed Jan 19, 2011
Fine line here - use common sense. If you can uninstall it and leave the property with whatever it had before you installed the system, without messing anything up then yes, especially if it was not a part of the real estate when you got the current mortgage. If taking the system would make the property not whole or not one that would meet basic health and safety standards - if you cannot make it safe for occupancy , leaving it as good as it was when you got it, or if the mortgage was based on a value that included the system then it should stay with the house. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Steve Schexn…, , Glendale, AZ
Wed Dec 30, 2009
Depends, are you selling the house as Short Sale? or are you letting it go into Foreclosure? If Short Sale, we always tell sellers to leave the property in the best condition and leave everything in tact. If you are letting it go to Foreclosure, I would also suggest leaving it. But I have seen a ton of houses with missing things. It's kind of sad but they will do what they want. Although it cost you a ton to have the system installed, I would just leave it with the house, hate to say it. Sorry

Just curious? Have you considered trying to Short Sale the house? If you have any questions about Short Sales or any other aspect of Real Esate please give my office a call and we will be glad to help you out.

The Schexneider Group
(623) 414-3388