I need to know where to start! I believe my home was foreclosed upon improperly and ILLEGALLY by Wells Fargo eight years ago. What do I do?

Asked by Julie, Chattanooga, TN Wed Oct 13, 2010

I believe the foreclosure problem started years ago, and my family and I were trapped in it without realizing it until recently. I want to know where to start to discover if our foreclosure was illegal and/or improper. We filed Chapter 13 to save our home, only to have Wells Fargo start proceedings immediately after it was discharged. We fought for 18 months before we lost our home. Can anybody out there help me? My husband died from a heart attack, partially from stress of losing our home, 6 months after we lost it.
Thank you for any help or advice you can give me.

Answers

7
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Absolutely contact a real estate attorney. First question, what is the statute of limitations and from what date does the clock on the statute start ticking. Good Luck!
Christina Ho…, , Chattanooga, TN
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Best advice - please contact a real estate attorney.

Best wishes -
Christina
423.593.1868
Web Reference:  http://Christina-Holmes.com
Elsieglodek, Home Buyer, Chattanooga, TN
Sat Dec 14, 2013
Hello Julie, the same thing happened to me and my husband we got our house in 1998 and started with Country wide, making payments every month not knowing they were forclosing us. We did the same Chapter 13 to save our home not knowing we truly did not have to. But wells Fargo and Country wide having us beleive we did. We then split up for long time after because of the agravation. My husband stayed in teh house. He had a settlement they talked him into putting 50 grand on it yet still forclosed and told him he had no time to get anything out. Lost alot of furniture and childrens items. Now I just find out they took our home illegally and not sure what can be done about it because we had a flood in basement and lost alot on important paper work. I am going crazy knowing this and am hoping we can do something about it. Really messed my family up for a long time but we did recently over come all and are back together. I wish you luck Julie,

Lc in Pennsylvaina
donnakm11, Home Buyer, Grand Junction, CO
Tue Mar 26, 2013
My husband and I went through something similar with Countrywide who happened to in bed with Wells Fargo...We lost our home 2009....I can give you some advice if you still need. We are just now getting restitution for the damages these mortgage companies and banks did to hundreds of thousands of families right here in the good old USA...
Hi I'm having the same problem. Can you contact me? My name is John and they foreclosed already hope to here from you or someone that can help? 401-339-2955
Flag Fri Jul 11, 2014
Linda S. Cef…, Agent, Franklin, WI
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Julie,

I am so sorry to read your story. That must have been an absolutely horrible thing to lose your husband and connecting it to the stress of what you went through is too much. My prayers are with you.

I think you have had some good advice from Suzanne. Each states statutes of limitations are different and it depends on when you were made aware of the injustice. You need to find a good attorney that specializes in real estate. I wish I knew someone in TN that I could send you to.

All my best for you,
Linda
Web Reference:  http://www.lindacefalu.com
Sidney Kutch…, Agent, Temecula, CA
Wed Oct 13, 2010
After 8 years it's now to late to go back.Your chapter 13 attorney should have advised you 8 years ago before the discharge on this issue.You may have a better case going after the attorney than wells Fargo at this point.
Bob Movin-On, , Hartford, CT
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Write a BIG check and pray.