I'm moving to the area in about 60 days, looking for pool home under 65k. Willing to do some work on it. Is it worth my time to look at?

Asked by Vanissa Rohrback, 64601 Wed Sep 15, 2010

REO's? When? As in, how far out do I start looking. I'll be a cash buyer. I will be able to come to the area in mid October for a few days to look. Is it realistic to expect to have a plan with an agent beforehand and spend that time looking at realistic options? I would like to move around mid November. Thanks in advance for your time!! I would be working in the Bradenton area, but Port Charlotte is about as far as I would be willing to commute.

Answers

7
Caroline York, Agent, St Petersburg, FL
Wed Oct 27, 2010
You may also want to check out the Ruskin area. They had major building boom in 2007 and a lot of the homes went into foreclosure and short sale. I recently showed clients several with pools but they needed a lot of work at that price. You would need to put at last $50,000 plus to get then back into living condition.
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Thu Sep 30, 2010
Hi Vanissa,
We have a lot of short sale and foreclosure homes in your price range. Pool homes in that range are hard to find, but they do come up once in awhile. North Port and Port Charlotte have homes under 65k. Most of these homes are older and need some work. North Port does have some newer homes that are great deals. You really can't beat the deals in this area. It is definitely worth a look. I just sold a condo in Port Charlotte for $39,900, 1400 sq ft, 2 bed 2 bath, all appliances, berber carpet, move in condition and the community has a pool. Contact me and I would be happy to help you find that perfect home.
Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
Vicky McPhee, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Thu Sep 16, 2010
Hi, Vanessa, If you are planning on coming to the area in October, its a great time to get started. If you start previewing homes that meet your requirements ahead of time, you'll get a feel for the market, and can start selecting the homes that you'd like to see when you get here. Foreclosures and REO's are definitely a possiblility. If you'd like to get started, please give me a call. We have great agents in Bradenton, Sarasota, North Port and Port Charlotte. I'd be happy to get you started on your path to homeownership here. My number is 941-815-8064 or feel free to email me at Vicky@PortCharlotteHomes.net. Good luck! Vicky
Randy and Vi…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Thu Sep 16, 2010
Hello Vanissa, Now is a great time to be looking for Bank Owned REO's there is a high volume of these homes in the North Port area, which is in Sarasota County minutes from Port Chartlotte and closer to Bradenton where you will be working. Many of these homes are closing in 45 to 60 days. All of the REO's either a require proof of funds letter or pre approval from your bank or a lender, to be sumbitted with all offers (Contract to Purchase). If you would email me at Vickibiehl@yahoo.com or call me at 941-628-6144 I will be happy to run a property search for you and forward it to via email. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact be. Thanks, Vicki
James Mullig…, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Thu Sep 16, 2010
Vanissa,

There are homes in that price range with a pool. Here is a report: http://mfr.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=572129656&s…

Some of the homes are in North Port, others in Port Charlotte. I did not include short sale properties because they usually take a very long time to negotiate and close. Please take a look at the report and let me know if there are any you'd like to see.

Jim

James Mulligan
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Suncoasteam Realty
PO Box 380503
Murdock, FL 33938
941-456-3034
Web Reference:  http://www.suncoasteam.com
Mark and Jean…, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Thu Sep 16, 2010
It's not too early at all. We would be glad to send you a list of houses... just give us a call or email - 941-204-9805 or tyreeteam@century21.com We would be glad to help, and we know the area well. Look forward to hearing from you!
Web Reference:  http://www.tyreeteam.com
Thu Sep 16, 2010
Sure, it's not too early to start looking. We can set up a search for you and send you some homes that are appropriate. Give us a call or email - cell #: 941-204-9805 or tyreeteam@century21.com you can see more about us on our web page: tyreeteam.com. Thanks! Mark & Jean Tyree/ Century21 Almar