I'm looking for a good real estate attorney in Portland to assist me with buying foreclosure / pre-foreclosure

Asked by Drewski, San Francisco, CA Fri Jun 20, 2008


I'm grateful for your suggestions!

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Lorenzo, , San Diego, CA
Thu Aug 28, 2008
You can get a good attorney with the company I work with.
Email me @ codeblaque@yahoo.com if your still looking for one.
Web Reference:  http://www.prepaidlegal.com
0 votes
, , Portland, OR
Sat Aug 16, 2008
If you will feel more comfortable having an attorney review everything prior to submitting an offer, contact the Oregon State Bar for a referral. Be wary of those who attempt to persuade you otherwise, after all - it's your dollar, your business transaction; not to mention an ethical issue for licensed professionals to suggest otherwise.


0 votes
Jason H. Gom…, , Beaverton, OR
Tue Jun 24, 2008
I would go to your local title office and ask them for a referral for an attorney. Often, you can get a substantial difference in the price because these attorney's are often kept on retainer for the title company. So go to the title company that you plan on using for escrow, and ask them, they're almost always helpful and responsive.

On my website you can actually search for foreclosure homes

If you contact me directly I can also set you up to receive distressed, bank owned, foreclosure/pre-foreclosure homes that are currently listed, in the area, price range, and home styles you want will automatically be sent to you.
0 votes
Tom Inglesby, Agent, Portland, OR
Fri Jun 20, 2008
In Oregon our earnest money agreements are designed not to need an attorney to write one, since the forms are pre made but I always recommend an attorney. I will give you a name of an attorney who deals in real estate contracts, just email me? Our market is very good in Portland and most of the homes that are upside down have liens against them or they were bought with no down and the sellers need to sell and there are foreclosures but you have to know the area that you are buying in and the only way to get that information is to deal with an agent that will work with you andfor you and represent you exclusively. When Roger Pollock, Buena Vista Homes, sold many of his homes in Happy Valley some homes on the same street with the same floor plan sold for $50,000-$80,000 difference in the price in the same day. If you as a buyer knew this I don't think you would have bought on the upper end since other buyers beat you to the low price. Then the buyers had to pay a 5% fee on top of this so many of the so called great deals were reallly not that great of a buy and you would have done better to buy before the auction like some did and beat the auction price by $100,000. This website lists foreclosures and the listing agents. http://www.trulia.com/for_sale/Portland,OR/foreclosure_lt/ I have other websites like below



that list forclosures. You need to work with a buyer representative like myself who has a ABR license. If you want to know all the ins and outs of these offers. They take 2-4 months to close or longer, no inspections and no commitment until the end. Many buyers after going thru this wish they never would have. In two different residential areas the same house floor plan sold in Forest Heights for over $100,000 more than in Happy Valley. Give me a call and I would love to talk with you on how to go about building a real estate portfolio.

Tom Inglesby,Broker
RE/MAX Equity Group Inc
0 votes
Kelly Gebler, Agent, Portland, OR
Fri Jun 20, 2008
Hi Andrew - I've worked with clients from California many times and I understand that Real Estate attornies are frequently used in your State. Here in Oregon, though, using a Real Estate attorney is rare. I have listed & sold many bank owned homes in my 10 years working the Portland metro area, and also have access to Pre-forelcosure homes as well. I receive instant notices as soon as Notices of Default are sent out - yesterday I got about 30! I also belong to American Foreclosure Specialists and when clients contact them for counseling and AFS is unable to help them, they send them to me as a next option.

I would love to help with any Real Estate needs you have here in the Portland area. As an added note - I am also dual licensed as a loan officer so can help with your financing too!

Kelly Gebler
Real Estate Broker/Loan Officer
Commonwealth Real Estate & DeMark Financial Services
415 17th Street, Suites 5-7
located at the Historic Hackett House
Oregon City, OR 97045
PH: 503-516-1637
Email: LetUsGuideYouHome@comcast.net
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more