I'm buying a bank forclosure cash - what is the next step? Do I need an attorney to represent me?

Asked by Kathy, McHenry, IL Tue Oct 28, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Gary Geer, Agent, Antioch, IL
Sat Sep 10, 2011
Having legal representation is money well spent when buying or selling real estate.

All the best,
Gary Geer

0 votes
Doreen Paul, , Monmouth, IA
Sun Apr 26, 2009
I would highly advise a attorney along with a real estate professional.
0 votes
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Oct 28, 2008

Our best advice is to get someone on board that knows the process and can advocate for you. The name of the game is follow up and document everything. It also will be helpful to get to know the contact people at the bank on as personal a level as possible.

Your best bet is to put a real estate professional in your corner ASAP.

Good luck
0 votes
Brandon Schu…, Agent, Western Springs, IL
Tue Oct 28, 2008

Some States don't use attorneys when they close on a house.

Here,in Illinois, attorneys are used.

I would highly suggest you consult with an attorney.
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Oct 28, 2008
You dont need an attorney could most likely locate a realtor in the area represent you. Bank would pay your realtors fees.
http://www.lynn911.com http://www.homes-for-sale-dallas.com
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Foreclosure in McHenry Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more