I live in Avondale, Az . I have a two yesr lease on the property I live in , it has went into foreclosure and

Asked by Sarah, Arizona Fri Jul 11, 2008

scheduled for auction 9/03/08. The owner has listed the property for a short sale. How long of a notice do I need from the owner or real esate agents if they want to show the house. I have lived here 1 year.

Answers

2
walter richie, Renter, Deland, FL
Fri Jul 11, 2008
Your lease should address how much notice is needed to make the process available for showing. What you might do is talk to the owner of the property; the owner or property manager might be in a position to waive your last month's rent if you cooperate with showings. I recommend that you be pleasant to prospective buyers; one of them might be an investor and a future landlord.
Cheryl Swift, , Chandler, AZ
Fri Jul 11, 2008
As a tenant, you may require a 48 hour notice. Having said that, I would suggest you cooperate as much as possible to allow the agents access as quickly as possible. The next owner may be a landlord looking to retain or replace you as a tenant and your "helpfullness" may influence that decision.