Rob Pyrc, Home Buyer in Willow Springs, IL

I have the money (Cash) to buy a Willow Springs IL forclosure or short sale. how do I buy one.?

Asked by Rob Pyrc, Willow Springs, IL Mon Jan 21, 2013

This question was asked from this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:


Generally one of two ways, at a foreclosure auction or through an agent once it's listed for sale.
RealtyTrac doesn't sell homes; they sell subscriptions to their services. You can get the same information from a well informed licensed agent.
Buying at an auction can be risky. You can't generally preview the home, you may be stuck with serious repairs, unpaid liens, tenants that you need to evict and you'll be bidding against a mixture of professional buyers and mis-informed amateurs.
My suggestion is to find a great local agent, who knows the area you want to purchase in and look at all the inventory. Some foreclosures are a buy, others are a serious bust. The same can be said of short sales and private party sales. You will do best with a knowledgeable professional on your team.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 21, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer