I have couple of questions. First can we change realtor if we don't like. Point is that I have signed the paper with that agent for one home.

Asked by Thiru, Omaha, NE Fri Sep 25, 2009

Second question is that when bank counter us do they put it in paper or can it be vorally ?

Answers

5
Sam Provan, Agent, Sun City Center, FL
Thu Dec 2, 2010
First - Have you tried to talke with your realtor about the situation or their Broker -- perhaps the 3 of you can sit down and get a resolution -- if you don't feel comfortable with this - then do go to their Broker and let them know you want another Realtor, I am assuming you have signed either a listing agreement or a sales contract and yes either one is a "binding Contract" - and in your situation I would advise you consult with a Real Estate Attorney -- as it is a matter of law - In contracts I write with a client - there are clauses that will allow you to cancel (listing) for a determined amount of monies paid for expenses in advertising and perhaps Time spent on open houses, etc. but again - most of the time you can request an "arbitrator or Mediator" to settle the problem it's still Expert advice you need

- (most of the time I find just "talking things" over can resolve the situation) GOOD LUCK
Dean Uhing, Agent, Omaha, NE
Sun Sep 27, 2009
Questions regarding contractual agreements are a matter of law. As such, real estate agents cannot give an opinion of a specific nature. Agent opinions can not be used as a basis of terminating a contractual agreement between parties. Contractual interpretations are a matters to be handled by attorneys.
My recommendation is, first, visit with the real estate agent with whom you are working. If that does not lead to a resolution, visit with the agent's manager or broker.
I'm not sure about your question. If you signed papers with an agent on one home. I would think you will have to see this transaction through. If you go with another agent in buying that same house you may owe a double commission. If your commitment is only for that one house, you should be free to work with another agent in looking for a different house.
Regarding your question on the bank negotiations, remember in real estate (Statute of Frauds) no terms are binding and enforceable unless it is in writing.
Good luck on your home buying.
Dean
Kathy Dunlap, Agent, Medina, OH
Sat Sep 26, 2009
Hi! Glad you asked. Yes, you can change Realtors if they are not providing you with the ser vice you want and deserve. Contact the Realtor's broker and discuss your concerns/dissatisfactions with that person. Ask the broker to assign you to another Realtor. Carefully review the paper you signed. Possibly have it reviewed by an attorney for clarification.

To answer your second question, counters can be done verbally, however, when you make an offer, or subsequent counter offers, state in writing that the bank's response to you must be in writing. Good luck~~Kathy Dunlap
Dan Nord, Agent, Omaha, NE
Sat Sep 26, 2009
Thiru

Based on your question I'm assuming you are a buyer and wanting to know if you can change your buyers agent. The answer is yes and no, depending on your situation and if you have signed any agreement with that agent. Feel free to contact me and go over what you can and can't do since I don't know the whole situation. No obligation.

In regards to the bank, yes they can give you an oral counter. It is common practice.

Dan Nord
CBSHome Real Estate
Phone: (402) 408-6488
Email: OmahaRealEstateInfo@gmail.com
Visit: http://www.OmahaRealEstateInfo.com
To search ALL Omaha Homes For Sale,
For a FREE Home Evaluation,
To see Featured Listings,
For Buyer & Seller Tips
Keith Manson-…, , Milwaukee, WI
Sat Sep 26, 2009
The ability to change realtors will depend on what type of agreement you signed with them. It will also depend on what type of agreement you signed ( a listing agreement or a buyers agentcy) there should be an exiration date on agreement. If the date of the expiration has come the agreement is null than void. However, make sure you read the agreement, because of any efforts the agent may have made that either was a procuring cause in a buyer buying the listed property or buying a property that the buyer agent showed you.

Banks never do anything in writing but may force you to do a counter on your side in writing.

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Greenfield,Wisconsin