I am so stressed out. I have been working with a mortgage/foreclosure attoney for the past 7 months and still no answer from them.

Asked by Robert, Palmdale, CA Sat May 11, 2013

When I ask I am told that my packet is still in review. Now I have received a notice of title transfering to the lender in 60-90 days and a sale date of 7-17-2013. I have paid this law firm several thousands of dollars and feel hopeless. I am from Wisconsin, Thanks Robert G.

Answers

4
Jen Burns, Agent, Delafield, WI
Sun May 12, 2013
Ask your attorney if there are alternatives to loan modification such as bankruptcy or call a reputable bankruptcy attorney. It is very true that loan modification can take a long time and even if approved your payment may still not be where you need to be to afford the home. If you still have not received help and you get to the date of the sheriff sale I would encourage you to go to the sale and see if you can get it postponed. The most affordable option for you is to call one of the credit counselors from HUD.gov The service is free and they are experts in this. There are offices all over Wisconsin that you can contact.
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sun May 12, 2013
Robert,
Loan modifications are tough and not all are approved. You hired an attorney to assist you, and hopefully they know what they are doing. Any loan modification or short sale approval will take 3-9 months and often take even longer. Foreclosure processes begin when mortgage payments are missed. Make sure your attorney knows you have received this and let them know about your concerns. They are in a better position to advise you than anyone here.
Robert, Home Owner, Palmdale, CA
Sat May 11, 2013
Yes, I want to keep my home. Yes, the home is in Wisconsin which I and my family live in. Not making payments or wanting to sell my home. I was told by attoney to stop making payments and they would be able to get loan remod. Thanks, Robert
Jen Burns, Agent, Delafield, WI
Sat May 11, 2013
Robert,
Is your goal to avoid the foreclosure? Are you making payments or trying to sell the home? Is the home in Wisconsin or Califonia? If you are more specific one of us may be able to point you in the right direction for some help. Sorry you are feeling this way.
Jen Burns