I am looking to offer for a property owned by Gary Smith at 193 Schooner Way, Port St. Joe Fl I am told Suntrust has forclosed. How do I find out?

Asked by Patricia, Port Saint Joe, FL Mon Mar 14, 2011

Answers

4
Paula Bean, , Orlando, FL
Mon Mar 14, 2011
Patricia,
Get a Realtor to work with, if they have not yet foreclosed, they can find the attorney who is in charge of foreclosing and help you out. If you don't know a REALTOR then let me know, I train agents all over the U.S and can give you some to call. Just be aware that foreclosures and/or short sales can take a long time to close, they are also usually sold 'as is' so a good home inspection and title search (to make sure there are no other liens on property ie: IRS or HOA) are vitally important.

Best wishes on finding your dream home!

Paula Bean, Orlando, FL
mailto:PaulaBean@HomeOrlando.com
407-347-7493
Andrea Mills, Agent, Sebring, FL
Mon Mar 14, 2011
LP was filed on October 20, 2010 by SunTrust. Doesn't look like they have foreclosed just yet.
Andrea Mills, Agent, Sebring, FL
Mon Mar 14, 2011
Search the Clerk of Courts website for Gulf County: http://www.gulfclerk.com/
Paula Kroll, Agent, Cape San Blas, FL
Fri Oct 14, 2011
Patricia,

I don't know whether you have purchased another property by now, but Gary Smith is still the owner of record in the Gulf County tax appraisers website. According to our MLS, the listing on this home expired on 8/24/2009. According to the FL. Realtor Association foreclosures here take an average of 745 days. If this is still in preforclosure the time should be about to end.

I would read the legal notices in the Port St. Joe Star to find the county auction date. If it does not go back on the market again after forclosure, that would be how the bank would liquidate the property.

You may contact me at 850-370-6295.