I am having such a hard time with my bank Ocwen I tried to Modify my home loan and will not give me cash for key my husband recently passed

Asked by grandmagee62, Stockton, CA Wed Feb 13, 2013

My husband passed 11 months ago and I have suffered a stroke due to the stress recently I have called the bank everyday before my sale date and turned in a complete new modification loan package before the sale date what is the best thing to do I have no income no where to go

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rick McGrath, Agent, Modesto, CA
Wed May 22, 2013
While trying to provide you with any form of guidance it is most difficult for those that haven't enough to even live on. Most often I would recommend that you work toward trying to short sale the house and try qualifying for the Housing Affordability Foreclosure Alternative (HAFA). program. They will give those qualified for the program a relocation fee of usually $3000. You may try looking for rooms to rent as an option. Unfortunately at some point your lender will foreclose and you will probably end up with nothing. So do try the short sale route
0 votes
Rocky G.H. H…, Agent, Ripon, CA
Wed Feb 13, 2013
The best thing to do if you can't afford your payment is to consider Short Sale selling. But more importantly finding a new place is priority. Getting into the Short Sale process could also delay a foreclosure allowing you more time to find a good home.

I feel for you and hope everything goes well. Let us know if we can answer anymore questions.

Best regards,

Rocky G.H. Hawrysz
Prudential California Realty
(209) 444-6610 Direct
(209) 433-2000 Fax
License No. 01468373
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Foreclosure in Salida Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more