I Live in NJ my house is scheduled for a sheriff's sale on May 12, 2009. We just found out yesterday..a

Asked by Eybvb1031115, New Jersey Thu Apr 16, 2009

document was left in my mailbox with no envelope. I am deep financial distress but I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE MY HOME!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Terrence Cha…, Home Owner, Allentown, PA
Thu Apr 16, 2009
If someone beyond the postal service put something in your mail box, this is against federal postal regulations. Consult an attorney for this.

As for your sheriff sale concern, then one of a few things can happen. Somehow, pay the balance of the loan getting the bank off your back. Get the courts to stay the sale, they will have the requirements for this at the court house. Get with the Obama administration at http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/09/02/18/Help-for-homeowners/ to see if there is anything they can do.

If there is nothing which can be done, then the sale will go on and you will lose your home.

Hope that helps,

Terrence Charest, e-Pro®
Century 21 Associates
905 Easton Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
Cell (Preferred): 877.614.1494
Office: 215.659.5250
Fax: 215.659.5550
“Century 21 is the number one franchise site on the Internet”
0 votes
____________…, Home Buyer, Texas
Fri Apr 17, 2009
You really need to speaking with an attorney and your lender as soon as possible rather than hoping for answers here. Is your home on the market?
0 votes
Jeff K, Home Buyer, Bristol, PA
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Sorry to hear about your situation. You need to speak with a foreclosure and bankruptcy attorney right way for a free consultation. You will also need to talk to your lender too - but you MUST have representation IMMEDIATELY. Good luck!
0 votes
Dennis Stran…, Agent, Huntingdon Valley, PA
Thu Apr 16, 2009
call a bankruptcy attorney immediately. I had a client in a similar situation a few years ago and he was able to file for bankruptcy. by doing so he had an extended period of time to make appropriate arrangements.
0 votes
Mike Linkena…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Find a company, like the one below, who specialises in helping home owners who are in financial hardship at no cost! There are solutions out there
0 votes
blaison samu…, Agent, Santa Clara, CA
Thu Apr 16, 2009
If you have received the sheriff's sale letter then I assume that you are not paying your mortgage and cannot afford the payment. If you have job and hard to pay current payment then try to do loan modification with lower monthly payments. If you cannot afford any payments then you have no other options than to do short sale, but you have to take action now...talk to an attorney if you can qualify for a loan modification and stop the sheriff's sale, if possible or talk to an experienced short sale agent to sell your house. You don't have much time to sit and wait for all the answers in Trulia, go out today and meet with an attorney who does loan modification to check whether you qualify for loan modification....Good luck!!
0 votes
David Witsen, , West Palm Beach, FL
Thu Apr 16, 2009
There is help available but it depends on your "Specific" circumstances. One size does not fit all.
Please provide more details such as balance on loans, how many months in default, have you tried to modify or "workout" your loan with the lender, Have you lost your job, etc.
WARNING... There are many scams out there and they prey on distressed homeowners. Make sue you get references from reliabale sources.
Feel free to call or write to me if I can help in any way
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more