IN MICHIGAN Is the sheriff dept required to keep a list of pending foreclosure notices on hand?I called and

Asked by Jon, Traverse City, MI Tue Nov 6, 2007

they said check the paper.I thought they had to keep a book or list at the courts.

Answers

1
Connie, , Newport, MI
Mon Nov 19, 2007
Hi Jon; to the best of my knowledge, the Sheriff is only required to present the foreclosed property for sale at a public place and time as per the posted instructions. If a sale is not consumated at that sale, the file is returned to the bank. I don't think the Sheiff's duty goes beyond that. Best way to track foreclosures is in the newspaper. The foreclosure has to be posted 4 consecutive weeks in a newspaper local to the county in which the property is located. This does not necessarily mean all Foreclosures will be posted in your local paper. In Monroe County, foreclosures are posted in the least expensive newspaper in the county. Hope this helps! PS: My response is "Michigan based"