Asked by heaven5124, Chicago, IL Thu May 2, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Laura Meier, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu May 2, 2013
Feel free to give me a call, we specialize in this process and have attorneys that can go to court for you to postpone to give you time to sell or possibly anticipate doing a short sale if necessary.

Depends on if you are trying to keep the home and other liens against the property that may be involved. This requires a much more in-depth conversation.

Laura Meier
Short Sale Specialist /Foreclosure Consultant
212 E. Ohio Street
Chicago IL 60611
cell: 312-282-2122
For more information see my website:
1 vote
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Mon May 20, 2013
Get an attorney that knows what they are doing in order to delay the process and this will buy you time to either sell the home or pay off the loan owed.
0 votes
Riccardo War…, Agent, Bolingbrook, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
You can't get a modification if you are not on the note. You should talk to an attorney but at the end of the day, a sal may be your only option.
0 votes
Randall Lanc…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri May 3, 2013
I recommend that you talk to Jason Schram attorney at law. Contact him direct at He has a long and great track record for foreclosures and short sales. He has help many of my clients, two in very similar cases as what you have described. If you have any questions, I am a CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert), and I will be more than happy to help you through this process. Visit my website at Go to my tab STOPFORECLOSURE. Good luck with this transaction, with whatever route you decide upon.
0 votes
, ,
Thu May 2, 2013
First find out how much is delinquent. Talk to the loss mitigation department to discuss what your options are.

Best of Luck;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist at
Everlasting Credit Repair
Ex-Mortgage Broker of more than 10 years

We also have a DIY service.
0 votes
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu May 2, 2013
I have a great attorney for that. Rusty Payton 773-682-5210. Rusty has held my mother's off while she is seeking a loan modification.
0 votes
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu May 2, 2013
call attorney Jim Schultz at 773 680 7426
0 votes
Cindy Wilson, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu May 2, 2013
I don't understand why some of the responses about trying to contact the bank and work something out were considered bad. Clearly there is money owed, no matter how the current owner came into possession of the property. Talk to the bank, an attorney, and others who are professionals. Don't use a website for advice of this caliber and to make decisions! Use some of the resources identified below. And best of luck.
0 votes
Mike Baker, , Chicago, IL
Thu May 2, 2013
If there's equity in the property, I'd be happy to talk to you about purchasing the home from you. We are cash buyers and can close quickly, my phone number is 847-857-8574. If this is a home that you want to keep, I suggest you call Dariusz Wator @ 708-974-0000. He is a lawyer that has an office in Chicago and Palos.
0 votes
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu May 2, 2013
Talk to your lawyer, see what you owe and take it from there. There are good agents that can help you with this sort of thing.
0 votes
Luke Wojcik, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu May 2, 2013
Your best bet is to call the lender and see if you can work something out.
0 votes
Nate Buttrey, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu May 2, 2013
I'd also recommend calling Laura Meier. Disclosure: She is a colleague of mine. However, being a little newer to the business, she is my go to person for all things foreclosure and short sale related. She even teaches classes on it to our agents. Good luck to you.
0 votes
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu May 2, 2013
You need to pay the delinquency. Contact the bank.
0 votes
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu May 2, 2013
Call the Lender and make arrangements!
0 votes
Joe Schiller, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu May 2, 2013
sell it and take the money and invest in a 4 flat
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more