How to search for short sale and pre foreclosure properties on the mls?

Asked by Monica, New Jersey Sun Jul 22, 2007

How to search for short sale and pre foreclosure properties on the mls on the ocean and monmouth county mls in New Jersey. Thanks.

Answers

2
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Wed Nov 21, 2007
Hi Monica,

You can now use Trulia to find foreclosure listings and preforeclosures are included. On our results page you'll now find a selection for 'Resale', 'New Homes' and 'Foreclosure'. Access the link below to review our blog post to find out more.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sun Jul 22, 2007
Properties are rarely, if ever, coded on the MLS as pre-foreclosure or short sale. I can't say that I have never seen it, but I don't recall seeing it. And, I look at the MLS mulitple times a day, for many years now.

Of the current properties of which I am familiar that would fall into this category of short sales or pre-foreclosure, none are listed that way on MLS. I am aware of certain properties because I am full time and gain this information from hands-on "in-the-field" activity on a daily basis.

Many properties that are pre-foreclosure will not ever make it to through the foreclosure process.

I assume you are asking this question because you are searching for motivated sellers. There are also opportunities for good buys that are not in pre-foreclosure or subject to short sale. These come without the added complications, so don't rule those out....assuming your purpose is to buy at a discounted price.

I am aware of "motivated sellers" in price ranges from a few hundred thousand to upwards of several million. I would be happy to discuss this further with you.

Deborah Madey - Broker
Peninsula Realty Group, Inc.
(732) 530-7755
Deborah@PeninsulaFirst.com
Web Reference:  http://PeninsulaFirst.com