Some of the things we consider when determining mold removal costs are:
- Size of the area that has been affected by mold or water damage.
- Amount of building materials that need to be removed due to mold or water damage (if any).
- Cost to build back building materials that have to be removed.
- Difficulty of access to the affected area (crawlspaces, attics and other confined spaces).
- Length of time it will take to complete the job.
- Amount of machinery we need for the job (negative air machines, HEPA vacuums, airless sprayers, containment chambers, hydroxyl and/or ozone generators, dehumidifiers, air movers, anti microbial and fungicidal solutions, mold-proof coatings).
- Number of mold remediation technicians needed on the job site.
Depending on the size of the mold removal project, cleaning up mold in your home or business can vary greatly. Please remember that we are not simply tidying up or cleaning everyday household dirt - we are removing mold -a biohazard that can cause severe health issues in many people and cause damage to your property. Missing a little dirt is no big deal. Missing a little mold contamination can have health and property damage implications.
There are a lot of companies that offer blind discounts on mold removal project that promise to beat any competitorâ€™s price. Some companies will even quote you over the phone without seeing the job. I would recommend against those companies because they tend to be more about the money than doing the job correctly.
As a professional mold remediation company, we charge what it takes to safely and effectively remove your mold contamination.Not more, not less. In many cases, it is necessary to perform moisture mapping, thermal imaging and a visual inspection to determine the cost of your mold removal project so be cautious of those who don't do these things. Sometimes, mold testing is necessary to determine if the air-born mold levels are elevated as compared to the outside (normal) levels.
Bottom line is that every job is different and every job has different costs. We can usually provide general pricing while on-site but always follow up with a written scope of work with specific pricing. Best of luck - Tom, Mastertech Environmental.