Foreclosure in Downtown>Question Details

Ggg, Home Buyer in Downtown, Boston, MA

How do you find what bank is the owner of a forclosured condo? tks ggg

Asked by Ggg, Downtown, Boston, MA Wed Dec 7, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Mikel DeFrancesco’s answer
G -

Yes, as mentioned the registry will show you the bank that owns the property. But if it is your thought to go directly to them, the banks do not work that way anymore.. it is a relic of the past. Upon foreclosure they will immediately assign a broker to monitor, maintain, deliver vacant, clean and then market the property on the open market /MLS.

Success! Real Estate – Mikel DeFrancesco
Real Estate in Massachusetts
direct: 617-755-8272
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 25, 2011
If you send the address, I can help you.
Or you could search the registry of deeds yourself.

However, sometimes only the servicer is identifiable.
If it was a MERS loan that was foreclosed, you might see a name, but verifying if that is the correct owner is one of the reasons Martha Coakley's office is after the banks.

Heath @ Cape Group . com
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 7, 2011
If you go to the Massachusetts registry of Deeeds website you can look up the property and see the filings for foreclosure. You might be able to find out the mortgage owners nominee and attorney office involved in the proceedings. Then go from there contacting them directly.

Hope that helps,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 7, 2011
If you visit the registry of deeds you can at least find out who the may service the loan. It can be a little more difficult to find out who owns the paper.

If you think you are going to contact the bank to purchase a property before it goes on the market you are probably spending a lot of time for nothing. Most banks, will only accept an offer after it has gone to the open market.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 11, 2012
I'd suggest you start with the Registry of Deeds, here in MA you can search at You can select the county/town/address for the property.

Also as suggested, contact the local Assessors and Tax Collector's Offices for the town where the property is located.
Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
The registry of deeds is public information and should provide you with the information you are looking for. It is very possible there is more than one bank involved with the forclosure so it will be best to work with a Realtor to help look out for your interests
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 8, 2011
Hello Ggg,
You may also wish to contact the local tax assessor's office as the name of the bank would be on file there.

Here is the link to the tax assessor's web site where you will find contact information:

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 7, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer