How do you find the balance of a VA loan? This home in Saginaw is listed at 109,900. TAD has market value at 99,800. What's a good offer?

Asked by Carole, 76179 Sat Oct 9, 2010

The address is 6136 Amberjack Trail

Answers

5
Jackie Rankin, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Sat Oct 9, 2010
Carole,

You've received some really great answers here, and this is definitely something that your Realtor should be assisting you with. If you are not working with a Realtor then I'd be happy to provide you with comparable properties so that a fair price could be determined. However, please don't limit yourself to one area as there are many great homes available in Saginaw. I've lived in the Saginaw area for 10 years so know it very well. Please also be careful when looking at foreclosed homes as the recent legal action against 23 major banks is probably going to cause a delay for possibly 60 days or more on a lot of foreclosed homes. Good luck and let me know if I can assist you! Thanks!

Jackie Rankin
Tru Value Realty
Donnie Keller, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Sat Oct 9, 2010
First of all the Balance of the VA loan is irrelevant to the value of the home.
Location, age, condition, and Competitive properties the appraiser will use, will determine value and hence the information needed to make an informed offer .

I checked the average sold house in the subdivision is at $75 per square foot this house is priced at $74.81. So based on this.. the homes condition and considering it's a foreclosure an offering price can be determined.

You are welcome to call me if you like I'd be happy to help you as I'm very familiar with Saginaw.
Donnie Keller
817-932-4900
http://www.reatarealty.net
Click on the link to see all available foreclosures in Saginaw
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat Oct 9, 2010
Your buyers agent is the professional who can render an opinion. Be against professional code of ethics to make any comment via blog post UNLESS the Realtor has been on property reviewed the condition of the home, comp's, history search, area, many other factors involved.

Keep in mind property own does not pocket the sales offer price seller has additional expenses including closing costs, taxes, Realtors fees and much more.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Debbie Scri…, Agent, Weatherford, TX
Sat Oct 9, 2010
Although you may be able to find the original loan amt. in the tax records it is no indication of present value. The tax assessment is also no indication of value. Some are too low and some are too high. You need to get an agent to represent you so they can guide you in determining a price to offer. I sold several homes in the Saginaw area in the last couple of years. If you do not have an agent and would like to interview me please feel free to give me a call. Debbie Scrimshire Keller Williams Realty 817 980-1047 I have 32 yrs experience.
Web Reference:  http://debbiescrimshire.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sat Oct 9, 2010
You shopuld not be making any offer based on what someone owes or what they paid for it. You need to either have your buyer agent or do it your self, but assess what the home is worth in todays market an dbase your offer on that.

Please see my blog for advice and tips on making an offer