How do i file taxes if my house was in pre-forclosure in 2007? I didnt make any payments in that time.

Asked by J. Garcia, Thu Jan 24, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Serena N. Br…, , 46408
Sat Mar 8, 2008
Even though you did not pay all of your payments on time you did make payment and in essence paid mortgage interest and taxes on your home so you can still file taxes on the mortgage interest and taxes that you have paid.
1 vote
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Thu Jan 24, 2008
You are asking tax advice. I am a Realtor, not a CPA.
I recommend that you discuss your question with a CPA in your area. Your lender should still provide you with a statement showing the interest and principle that you have paid.

Now if you are concerned about future liability, again, discuss it with a CPA. Also, if you have not already done so speak with the lender regarding any options that you may have. A Realtor may be of some assistance with this process.

I have a blog you can read about the foreclosure process.
1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more