How do I stop my house from going to sheriff sale and if it does, am I responsible for the difference in what is owed?

Asked by Nursetaz, Palmyra, PA Sat Dec 4, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


La Tonya Fay…, Renter, 43232
Fri Sep 23, 2016
My mother filed chapter 7 and it was final in may. Since then she has passed away. My sister and I have power of attorney. Is there anything we can do. The sheriff sale is scheduled for 9-30-16
0 votes
Kim Lutes, Other Pro, Harrisburg, PA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Have you tried to sell the home? There are cash buyers and investors who might be able to help you out, depending on how much you owe and how much your property is worth. It doesn't hurt to contact them and see if it is a good option.

Kim Lutes
Real Estate Solutions of Harrisburg
0 votes
Keith Manson-…, , Milwaukee, WI
Sun Dec 5, 2010
It is hard to say what you can do to stop a foreclosure sale, give the information provided. It will depend on if there is an material facts that support your position or not. If there are facts that would indicate that the mortgage company did something wrong, then you would be able to delay the process. But this is only a delay unless you bring the loan current, modifiy the loan, due a short sale or do some other type of work out. The possible for a deficency is likely in your state because of the judical foreclosure process. It is best to get an expert in your area to help you understand your opitions.

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property EXpert
Metro Milwaukee

0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Dec 4, 2010
In order to best protect yourself and any other assets you may have, consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate--if you cannot afford one, contact your local Legal Aid Society and or Bar Association for a pro bono attorney--free.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Foreclosure in Palmyra Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more