Sunset Silho…, Home Seller in 96051

How do I post on my local MLS, without my agent. I do have an agent; but he wants to wait until spring and I

Asked by Sunset Silhouette MYSTERY House, 96051 Mon Jan 14, 2008

want to do it now :-)!

Answers

19
Kyle, , Los Gatos, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Having spent the last 6 years at one of the largest MLS's in California, I can tell you first hand, if you don't have someone to represent you, chances are you will not be able to post on MLS.

That said, MLS subscribers generally consist of Broker Participants, Agent Participants and Appraisers.
Not many people understand exactly how MLS's work in a nutshell, it is a broker cooperative; brokers agree to offer compensation to someone who sells their listing.

If you absolutely need to get it on MLS, I am sure there are plenty of qualified agents on Trulia Voices that would be willing to help you out. :)
J R, , New York, NY
Mon Jan 14, 2008
I haven't seen ElvIs posting much that didn't have value, in fact I've enjoyed his posts. We have these generic icons on Agentsonline and similar comments are made there as to how one poster "resembles" another. No harm done. I was glad to see he came here, having seen him on Zillow which, IMO is much too complicated to follow their discussion board.
Infinity Rea…, , Saratoga, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Its OK Elvis just haven't been around much lately. We re just on to polar opposites i guess Im pretty to the point is an understatement. I think all contributors are appreciated and insight is key. Sorry to have to bump into you like this.

Cheers
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Thanks, JR, much appreciated.

I can see Realtyexec, that you don't care for my sense of humour... sorry. I haven't felt that I've been wasting anyone's time, nor have I felt that I've been adding "absolutely nothing". Maybe our ideas of "SPAM" are different. I'm thrilled to little tiny pieces that you enjoy Patrick's humour and substance, and I hope that continues.

I did come here, from zillow, and things are run a little looser over there (ain't that the understatement of the year?), I'll do my best to avoid "popping in" and "adding absolutely nothing". Clearly I've struck a bad nerve with you, and I apologize for that.
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Realty Exec...

sorry, to have darkened your thread.... but I have posted zero spam (please, prove me wrong) on any threads anywhere in zillow. Period. Clogged up threads??? I dunno, I suppose that's debatable.

Yes, I have popped into this thread with a joke. sorry to have abused your bandwidth. :-(
J R, , New York, NY
Mon Jan 14, 2008
We're twins. :) Separated at birth.
Bill Seufert, Agent, Lancaster, PA
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Elvis-the resemblance is eerie.

Sunset,
Not sure that you can post your listing on your local MLS, but i would bet there many agents in your area that would be happy to do business with you now.
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Mon Jan 14, 2008
has anybody else noticed that nadia and jr look remarkably alike?? or is it just me?
Kathy Schmidt, Agent, Petaluma, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2008
The MLS in the San Francisco Bay Area is an organization of real estate agents and affitliates which requires membership and dues. You could post to Craig's List and run your own local ads. Of course, you would have to be available to show your property and qualify the buyer if someone responds. I would suggest that you discuss timing with your agent and find out why s/he is reluctant to put your home on the market now. Is there work that needs to be done so it shines? Your agent should be the expert, so ask questions; Perhaps you should also interview another agent.
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Mon Jan 14, 2008
You cannot post on a Multiple Listing Service without being a member, and most members are real estate brokerages or other affiliates of real estate (such as appraisers)

but you're in charge, it's your home, and your sale... why not find another agent who'll be willing to do what you want, instead of what THEY want?
Patti Philli…, , Carlsbad, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Dear Sunset, The bad news is you can't list on MLS without an agent. The good news is that there are plenty of agents out there who are willing to work for you. If you aren't happy with the agent you have you could certainly find yourself another agent, I'm sure.

Patti Phillips
800-680-9133
Paula Maietta, , Solano, Napa, Yolo, Sacramento County
Mon Jan 14, 2008
They way the market is heading, I would not wait to list your house until spring. Solano County has been hit hard with the short sales and foreclosures and I don't see it getting better by spring. I think the longer you wait the less you will get for your home. Talk to your agent to list the house now, if he is not interested in listing it until spring, give me a call. Paula Maietta - Kappel & Kappel REALTOR, Inc. 707-372-3131
Infinity Rea…, , Saratoga, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Im just not a fan of Humor for humors sake i guess there is a whole thread dedicated to Jokes next time you might want to look that one up when feeling the urge to waste someones time. Some of us use that feature where we get an email saying new response and its you there adding absolutely nothing. I can see some humor as Patrick's, but he at the least he adds some substance to the question at hand. We all know your a funny guy, but do we need to know that when you have nothing to bring forth to the conversation.
Patti Pereyra, , Chicago, IL
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Elvis? Layoff the Southern Comfort. We are on Trulia, not Zillow ;o)
Infinity Rea…, , Saratoga, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2008
I havn't been around much so i know Elvis Showed up after i took a break, but does he always just pop in threads to post spam and meaningless jokes.

Just curious it might be funny a couple of times but to clog of threads doesn't seem productive to me.

Hey but thats just me.
J R, , New York, NY
Mon Jan 14, 2008
I have never suggested someone get a different agent, but you need one. I can't imagine why he doesn't want you to list now. My phone is ringing all day with agents wanting to show my listings.
Infinity Rea…, , Saratoga, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2008
This is true even if your hurting yourself consumer makes the decision. So by not listening to a professional you still want what you want the Realtor could either not wish to represent you or do what you ask. Sometimes if something just doesn't work its better for both parties to walk away. Im sure if he is wanting to wait he has a reason, and as a local professional he might know something. I rarely see professional Realtors not want to list a property just because. They want to get out there and get it sold usually.
Nadia, Home Buyer, Maine
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Your agent works for YOU. You call the shots.
Infinity Rea…, , Saratoga, CA
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Well if you want to do something and your agent thats sounds like a reason for you to find someone else. What are the reasons for not posting on MLS vs Posting it now. Are there repairs that need to be done, are there issues that need to be resolved.