How do I find out who built my house?

Asked by Lucy, Hesperia, CA Mon Apr 27, 2009

Answers

5
Diane Wheatl…, Agent, Upland, CA
Tue Apr 28, 2009
You can visit the San Bernardino County hall of records to inquire about all permits pulled on your home which will include the builder's original permits which should tell you there. Also, you can pull a chain of title records also at the San Bernardino County recorder's office dating back to the first transfer of title from the builder to the first owner.

Good Luck! If your home is not that old you should have little difficultly with this.

Diane Wheatley, Broker
diane@moveupproperties.com
(909) 981-5589
James Foy, Agent, Costa Mesa, CA
Mon Apr 27, 2009
If your house is in a city or town, go to the local building and safety, or community development department, and inquire there. If you're in a county, you may have to go further. Hesperia has nearly all of the records on buildings in it's jurisdiction at the new city hall on 7th Ave. (some were lost when transferred from the county back in 1988). Some older homes might not have legible records, and some of the information has been stored on microfiche.
Serena, , Manchester Center, VT
Mon Apr 23, 2012
when were my these properties built M13 0QY, M14 7LF, M13 0WP
Stnoble, , Baton Rouge, LA
Wed Apr 18, 2012
Who built Cortland Place in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
Slp846, Home Owner, Muncie, IN
Wed Aug 10, 2011
I have lived at 6412 west Bethel Ave. Muncie, in 47302 and was looking for the history of the house. Strange things have been happening and i didn't know how to find out who and what happened to the previous homeowners.