How do I find out the date my home was foreclosed on?

Asked by Yesenia, California Wed Feb 1, 2012

Who do we contact to get this info over the phone as we no longer live in the area?

Answers

7
Paolarileyi, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Tue Aug 18, 2015
It should state the date on the paperwork you received. It should also give you the beneficary and a phone number you can call to get the status and the dates. I hope this helps. http://ForeclosureIQ.com
Rick McGrath, Agent, Modesto, CA
Tue May 21, 2013
You can call the county recorders office or you can call me at 209-996-3396. I would be happy to help you.
Rick McGrath, Agent, Modesto, CA
Wed May 15, 2013
You can call the County recorders office or you can call me at (209) 996-3396. Email me at drrickmcgrath@aol.com.
Heidi Roddan, Agent, Modesto, CA
Mon Mar 4, 2013
You can find out through tax records, but the quickest way is to have a realtor like myself, or a lender look it up. In addtion to foreclosure date, a lender can provide any other credit issues that may need to be addressed. As stated before, the foreclosure date is critical, as it sets the the foundation for your path BACK to HOME OWNERSHIP!
Robert Chome…, , San Diego, CA
Wed Feb 1, 2012
Give me a call or email I can look it up for you. The date your home was foreclosed is very important to know when you will be able to qualify to buy again.
Rocky G.H. H…, Agent, Ripon, CA
Wed Feb 1, 2012
Good morning,

The best place to check is the tax record. You can look this up on-line or contact a Realtor like myself to obtain a copy.

Rocky

Rocky G.H. Hawrysz
Prudential California Realty
(209) 444-6610
Rocky@PruCalifornia.com
http://www.TeamHawrysz.com
Lauryn Eadie, Agent, Reston, VA
Wed Feb 1, 2012
You should have received a notice of default letter from the bank. If not you can try to contact the local courthouse or check your local tax records. However it sometimes can take months for the local tax records to be updated with the transfer information.

You might also want to check with the lender that foreclosed on the home and ask them for more information. You can also ask them for any necessary paperwork you will need for tax filing purposes.
thanks, trying to buy a home after 5yrs countrywide home loan & bank of america now on CAIVRS LIST
Flag Sat Sep 5, 2015