Marybeth Lyb…, Home Buyer in San Mateo, CA

How do I find information on public auction dates and times for bank owned properties in San Mateo County?

Asked by Marybeth Lybrand, San Mateo, CA Thu Apr 24, 2008

Answers

8
Susan Vander…, Agent, Lake Elsinore, CA
Sun May 18, 2008
Public auctions -- there are two types.

One is the courthouse auction where property owners go through the foreclosure process and then the property gets auctioned at the court house steps. The notices of these auctions are posted as per regulations in a newspaper of general circulation. Going through these papers could be tedious. The next best step is to go to the courthouse to review the postings because there is a trustee hotline to call. In order to get the most up-to-date information, you will need to have trustee sale number. And if you don't call the right hotline, you don't get the information. Properties can be pulled from auction on the day of the auction.

The second type of public auction is where an auction company has a bunch of properties to sell that day or series of days. Some of these auctions are held at a large hall or on site (at the property). These are typically the bank-owned properties that were added to the auction because they did not sell while they were listed in the open market. I know, because I've had a few properties that went to auction and I actually helped host one auction onsite. It was all very exciting.

If you are participating in the second type of auction, it depends on which liquidation company is selling the properties and how much they charge.

I hope this answers your questions. I can go on forever about auctions and bank-owned and foreclosure, etc.

Perhaps your best bet is to know what type of auction you are really interested in because one you can be represented by an agent and the other you cannot be represented. And if you are not a seasoned auction attendee, you probably should seek assistance from an agent who has attended, participated and represented clients at various auctions.
Service, Home Buyer, San Mateo, CA
Tue Jan 22, 2013
I found very interested Public Auction for Property in California, please review the web reference website i provide below this comment.

from 2006 and 2015 are the best time to buy a house or property. Of course you can easy find Deals at Trulia, but before you are buying a property make sure you search 10 times to make sure you are paying the market price.

Be very careful the Broker you will select, most of the time all brokers are NOT telling you the important things. In in most case he is the person how will make your process Good or Bed!

Good look find you dream property

Best Regard
Paul J
Drew & Chris…, Agent, Belmont, CA
Thu Jun 12, 2008
We’ve had a lot of requests for lists of foreclosure properties so we’re offering a link to our premiere subscription for FREE. This is the best system we’ve seen for tracking distressed properties.

We subscribe to a premium service to provide information to people like yourself. Click here to see active foreclosures and ban auctions.

http://www.morganhomes.com/best.htm

Our May housing graphs are now on-line if you’d like to see how your market’s doing. So far, the Peninsula market if fairing relatively well with a few areas being impacted more than others. See below for the full story…
Belmont Year-Over-Year
10 Year Graph

San Carlos Year-over-Year

Redwood City Year-over-Year

San Mateo County Year-over-Year
10 Year History

Redwood Shores 10 Year History

Hillsborough

Standard & Poor’s U.S. Housing Indices

Macro Markets

10 Year History

Getting tired of the media reporting the ill fate of the housing market? We’re not saying it’s not big news. The rate of foreclosures is staggering and until the existing level of homes for sale diminishes (i.e. buyers start buying) it will only get worse. But an interesting story could be told about the areas which are not affected—and why.
Consider yourself lucky if you are living in the southern Peninsula. Cities between Millbrae and Palo Alto are far less impacted by foreclosures than their neighbors to the north. Most impacted are the areas with low housing unit costs—areas that enticed first time buyers into the market in droves. These areas such as Daly City and South San Francisco have seen vales drop from $830,000 in 2006 to $650,000. Contrasted to Palo Alto for instance which has continued a steady climb in median home values in spite of the national crises.
If you wondering if your area may be hit next remember that in more affluent neighborhoods it’s all about the economy and jobs. The Bay Area is lucky enough to still have ample jobs and mass layoffs that contributed to the housing decline in 1990 have not materialized.
Remember you can always visit our real estate blog to get in-depth market analysis, commentary, and even a few rants.
Cliff Keith, Agent, San Carlos, CA
Wed Jun 11, 2008
Go to website ushomeauction.com and request a catalog. Beside the catalog you can search their site for times, place and inventory that they currently have in their files for their next auction..
Marian Benne…, Agent, Menlo Park, CA
Fri Apr 25, 2008
There are 2 ways to go about this that I know of. The first is to go to the SM County courthouse "steps" - it's actually the bench right outside the door - and ask the auction agents about their list and watch the process once. The auctions happen most weekdays. The one I went to was on a Monday at noon. Seasoned investors were there and seem to have been tracking the properties up for auction that day for a while. Some properties scheduled for auction get postponed. You can subscribe to the list that the investors use. Finding an up to date list is difficult as changes are happening all the time. The list holders at the auction are updating their list as the auction is taking place. The second way is to find properties that interest you by searching online from a site such as foreclosureradar.com. I subscribe to Realtytrac, but it requires more research to get the right contacts, so I'm going to try foreclosureradar myself. There are probably others out there and more to come. Having said all that, the best way to proceed may depend on your goals. Hope this helps.
Web Reference:  http://mariansbennett.com
Cristina Weg…, Agent, San Mateo, CA
Thu Apr 24, 2008
To find out information on public auction dates , times and bank owed properties in all cities yo can go to http://WWW.ushomeauction.com and check houses (1-4 units) and condo that are scheduled for auction. if you need a real estate agent to represent you during auction, you can email me at cristyweg@comcast.net
Peggy Peck, , 76712
Thu Apr 24, 2008
I would check with your banks in San Mateo County. They should have someone there who handles their foreclosures as well.

Peggy
Gene Yakubov…, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Thu Apr 24, 2008
Do you want to buy the propery at the trustee's sale? If yes you need to get it from County it conducted on the County hall steps . The auctions are not the best way to go for example you need to pay auctioner 3-5% of sales. My company specialty is Short Sales and REO's (Bank Own) and we have them on hands and we can explain you how the system works.
call me @ 650-558-1600
Gene