How do I find foreclosures in NYC, specifically Manhattan and Brooklyn?

Asked by Joan Siegel, New York, NY Sun Jun 29, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Dan Harris, , New York
Mon Dec 22, 2008
You can go to any of the county clerk offices in the 5 boros and do a lien and judgment search on their computers.

Specifically, you will be looking for "lis pendens" those are notices of pending action usually in reference to foreclosure. They will have the owners name and property address you will have to dig up any other info you are looking for.

many list brokers do this, then fill in the telephone numbers and sell the list.

You can also call the supreme court in each county and get a list of foreclosure referees, then you can contact the referees and get a list of upcoming sales.
2 votes
Richard Daub, , New York, NY
Sun Jun 29, 2008
Hi Joan,

There are several ways you can find foreclosures in Manhattan in Brooklyn, including pay services such as, going to the bank websites and looking up REO properties (which are mostly represented by local real estate agents, or by contacting a real estate broker who can help you locate properties in the area and price range you are looking for. There aren't very many in Manhattan, but there are in Brooklyn. Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to help you find what you are looking for.
0 votes
hi,looking for foreclosures in washington hgts, and harlem. I live in nj and interested in banks w min down payment.
Flag Sat Jul 21, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more