How do I come into contact with agents who are looking for Property Preservation work on REO properties without being a nuisance?

Asked by Tyler Killam, Contra Costa County, CA Tue Sep 13, 2011

Answers

3
Tomi Thomas, Agent, Oakland, CA
Tue Sep 13, 2011
GREAT question - I recommend that you prepare flyers and drop them off personally at the offices that are doing business in your area of interest. Personally, I hate getting unsolictied emails from service providers that I have not met or invited info. I don't mind phone calls, as long as they are respectful of my time. Agents respect personal contact, and repeated contact shows that the person is serious. So, a flyer, then period very short drop ins. Target agents that are currently listing REO properties, and ask them what they need. Once you have one or two, they will provide your name to others if you do a good job.
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Sat Oct 8, 2011
You won't know until you ask. I suggest you set up a series of emails and phone calls, followed up by a personal visit. Most agents already have established contracts, however, there is always a need for someone in a pinch. If you get that first job and perform in an exemplary fashion, they may call you again.

Also, to get a list of leading REO agents in the area, call a local broker to see if they can give you a list. Many subscribe to services such as TrendGraphix and can quickly print a list of leading REO agents.
.
Tracy McBride, Agent, Berkeley, CA
Tue Sep 13, 2011
Do you have an online presence showing examples of your work? Demonstrate your property preservation skills so prospective clients can see your work at their convenience. If you offer to bid jobs as part of the listing agent's marketing, this will help forge connections to your actual customers. REO's aren't the only properties that need some TLC too!
Web Reference:  http://www.tracymcbride.com