How come you sold a home on lowe ave for $50,000 and they never saw the home?

Asked by Pamela /cambria, Chicago, IL Tue Jan 22, 2013

Just would like to know really do not think, that was right to do.

Answers

13
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Pamela,

As long as two people come to agreement on price (a meeting of the minds) on the price a person is willing to sell and the other is willing to purchase at that is all that matters. If I am not mistaken as long as it is $1 it is a good sale and purchase.

What the motivation behind the sales and purchase you may never know.
Alvin Dobbs, Agent, Waukegan, IL
Thu Feb 7, 2013
This happens all the time. As a Realtor we should know what we are selling and the client should know what they are buying. Sometimes, things move fast for the right client at the right house at the right time.

The office I was at listed a property on a Monday morning- by noon a neighbor walked into the office plopped down at my desk and told me she wants that house. Right now!!! She signed a contract, with all sorts of protection contingencies. I presented to the listing agent; who was seated next to me, he called his client. Bam, that deal was done before 1pm. I have never stepped foot in that house. The neighbor did not want to inspect, nor did she deal with a mortgage company, nor did she want an atty. she only wanted that house.

That is also not the only house I have sold without actually being inside. But those are other stories for other days.
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Ask the listing agent, but unless you saw the house too and expected to write an offer and then were told, somebody bought it who hadnt seen it, how would you know?
Ivan Sagel, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Pamela,

Many investors will buy property sight unseen. It is a matter of value, not wall color.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
David Hanna, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Someone obviously saw a good bargain in the base value of the property.
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 22, 2013
I would ask the agent that sold that how that happened.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Jan 22, 2013
And you are offended because.......
Joe Schiller, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 22, 2013
why is it unfair..because you do not like it? the business world operates with people who are very informed and proactive.. join our ranks and you will understand just how fast the world is moving around you
Brian Colebr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Many different factors goes in to purchasing a home. Although I am not the listing or selling broker , it is not uncommon for homes to be sold sight unseen.
Terry Farnsw…, Agent, Lisle, IL
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Hi Pamela,

I'm not sure what your question is asking specifically. Can you clarify what you mean?
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Have you asked the listing broker or seller
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Tue Jan 22, 2013
A Seller can sell a home at whatever price a buyer is willing to pay.
Mark Malave, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 22, 2013
This is probably a question for the broker or buyer.