Foreclosure in Clovis>Question Details

Angel, Home Owner in Clovis, CA

How can you foreclose on a home when you have a buyer for a short sale.?

Asked by Angel, Clovis, CA Sat Feb 4, 2012

I have a buyer for my house which is a short sale. I tried to modify however was denied, I was advised by Mortgage com to stay behind 3 payments which I did. I was told if mod didn't go through they would help by tacking at end of balance. I was denied was paying more since I was paying late fees. Contacted HUD who couldn't understand why I was denied. Mortgage com refused to talk.Only alternative to short sale. How is it if you are trying to work with Mortgage they can foreclose when I have a buyer. Guess its true they are making money from the government. Isn't it common sense to try and help me rather than lose my home and have someone bid at more than half of what its worth.

Help the community by answering this question:


When you try to do a Shortsale, the Bank has to approve both your HARDSHIP and the Shortsale itself: 90% of the time, they are not inclined to it.
I'm not surprised that HUD "couldn't understand", they never put an OVERSEE process in place. The banks do not even have to give HUD a reason, much less answer to you.

Go ahead an try the Shortsale, it will at least give you time.
I have never heard of staying ONLY 3 payments behind; seems kind of silly: The Bank may figure that if you can make payments #4, #5, #6..... you should be able to make 1,2 and 3. You are not pushing them toward the Hardship.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 12, 2012
We are sorry to hear about your situation. We help people in your situation daily. The loan modification and/or foreclosure process can be very frustrating. The process takes a lot of communication with the banks & requires that you fulfill all requirements in a timely manner.
We have been helping people in your situation for over 10 years so we do understand your frustration. Our experience has been that once the lender denies a loan modification they suggest you do a short sale by listing your home with a Realtor experienced with short sales. Look for the CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert) designation. You can go to for more information on your options.
Every situation is different so if you would like to discuss your particular options call me at 288-4967 before it is too late.

Mark A Pretzer
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer