How can I find out the status of a neighbor's property? Property is unoccupied, dirty and unkempt.

Asked by bmurry21, Sebastopol, CA Sat Apr 20, 2013

I think it may be in foreclosure but not sure.
8229 blackney road, sebastopol

Answers

4
CJ Holmes, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Sun Apr 21, 2013
the owner is no doubt trying to get a loan mod, and being jerked around by the servicer as servicers typically do to owners.

There is a notice of default filed against the property as of december 2012, but no notice of sale filed yet so the property has not gone to foreclosure auction, nor is yet scheduled to do so.

From what I can see, the foreclosure paperwork is the standard forgery servicers/banks have used to foreclose millions of homes with securitized loans. However, the owner probably doesn't know how to fight back about that as it was withdrawn from the short sale last october prior to the NOD.

This property is a mobile home on 2+ acres zoned DA with engineered septic and private well. It will be difficult to finance for any buyer not using cash.

Since it is still in private ownership, the new law requiring lenders to maintain properties they have foreclosed won't yet apply. If you like, I will contact the short sale agent and/or owner if possible to inquire about property maintenance.

Please just send me an email with your contact info so I can get you in that loop. thanks, cj cjholmes@cjholmes.com
Web Reference:  http://www.cjholmes.com
Bill Facendi…, Agent, Sebastopol, CA
Sun Apr 21, 2013
If the property address is 8229 Blackney it was on the market last Oct. as a short sale for 375K but did not sell. It does not look as though it has gone to foreclosure at this time since it is still in the current owners name. If you have additional questions let me know.
Terry Bell, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Sat Apr 20, 2013
If you're in town, your county seat, Santa Rosa, has all property records in the Administration Center's Assessor's Office and Recorder's Office. If you are interested in purchasing the neighbor's property, please give me a call or drop an email and I will be happy to see if it's available for sale. Best, Terry Bell, Realtor
CPS Real Estate
Sonoma County Property
707-292-5712
TerryinSR@aol.com
Barbara Ellis, Agent, Rohnert Park, CA
Sat Apr 20, 2013
The condition of a home that has been abandoned is always of concern to the neighborhood and the community at large. When a property is in town, there are clear departments to contact. In the country, it is not so easily handled. It appears that this home was on the market last year as a short sale but did not sell. I would be happy to discuss the status of the property over the telephone or privately on email.
You live in a beautiful area and I am sure that you wish to keep it looking as good as it can.