How can I find foreclosure listings in the Appleton/Green Bay, WI area?

Asked by Matt, Green Bay, WI Sat Oct 6, 2012

Answers

5
Kimberly Mul…, Agent, Appleton, WI
Sat Oct 6, 2012
Definitely contact a real estate agent. They can set you up on an automatic search that will email you when new listings hit the market that fit what you are looking for. They will also be able to get you the information about who is eligilbe to buy the property (if there are restrictions), who you may need to get pre-approved by (if you are financing the sale), and tell you about the different types of financing that are available for that property. There are many foreclosure properties that are not able to be financed through a conventional mortgage and would need to be financed through renovation financing or cash only.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of any more help to you or if you want me to set up an automatic search for you.

Kim Mulroy
kim@kimmulroy.com
920-450-5345
Jacci Konkle, Agent, Appleton, WI
Sat Oct 6, 2012
Hi Matt,

A local Realtor is really the best way to be up to date on what's out there. They can help you understand how it all works and look into what each property entails. Some foreclosures have a "first look period" that allows buyers who will live in the property the first opportunity to buy them before the bank opens up all bids to investors as well. Knowing about these properties right away helps you get some of the best deals on the nicest homes. Trying to do it on your own is useless since the banks will only accept offers submitted by an agent anyways. They do not allow anyone to submit offers on their own without a licensed agent.

Happy Househunting :0)
Jacci Konkle
920-740-3599
Nan Brennan, Agent, Appleton, WI
Sat Oct 6, 2012
I Matt,

The best way to get updates on Foreclosed properties is to contact a local real estate agent, it costs you nothing to work with an agent as their commission is paid by the seller. Also,m when looking for an agent get recommendations from friends, family or coworkers dont just pull one off the internet.

Best wishes.
Nan
Linda S. Cef…, Agent, Franklin, WI
Sat Oct 6, 2012
Some good answer already, but don't limit yourself to foreclosures. There are many great deals out there right now. The prices of all homes have come down greatly due to the distressed properties in the surrounding neighborhoods.

Your best bet as others have said before me is to find a good agent and commit to one agent. They will go out of their way to help you if you do that. Ask them to set you up on auto email so that you can see all of the properties in your area that fit the criteria you require.

Best of luck to you.
Don Maclary, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Sat Oct 6, 2012
By walking into almost any real estate office and asking for one........ http://www.grapevinereferrals.com to find one near you.