How can I be sure that a trustee auction sale on my home has been cancelled?

Asked by Hp, Los Angeles, CA Sun Jul 4, 2010

My home was wrongly scheduled for a trustee auction. I am currently under a forebearance agreement with Chase Bank. I contacted Chase and their attorney's office and they both said the auction would be cancelled. I have called the sale number listed on the trustee sale record that was sent to me and the recording says the tsn is not on file. Is there any where else I can look to make sure that the auction is really cancelled?

Answers

4
Shel-lee Dav…, Agent, Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Tue Jul 6, 2010
Here are some things you can do for reassurance.
1. Get written confirmation from Chase that the trustee auction has been either cancelled or postponed. Sometimes they will do this, but not always.
2. Look at the Notice of Trustee Sale and get the phone number for the Trustee (the actual office where there are live people, not the recorded trustee sale line). Call them and get confirmation that the auction has been cancelled or postponed.
3. Call Chase and ask them to do a three way call with the trustee to confirm the cancellation of the auction.
4. Check with your local title company to see if there has been a cancellation of the auction filed with the County Recorder's office. Unfortunately, many lenders never do this, even though they cancel the auction.

If you would like to contact me off line and give me your address, I can look this up on a site that I pay for. I will look it up by address, rather than trustee sale number, just in case the TS number has been input incorrectly into the system. The fact that the TSN is no longer active in the system (assuming you have called in the past and it was active) is a good indication that the sale has been cancelled. However, if t were my home, I would go the extra mile to get something in writing either from the bank or the trustee. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, CDPE, SFR, QSC
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
http://shel-lee.listingbook.com
Deborah Lon…, , Torrance, CA
Sun Jul 4, 2010
Until the day and time of your sale, there is a chance that it can be postponed. As Diane just told you, the trustee
( a third-party company ) will have that information. You can attend the sale yourself & witness the procedure. If that isn't possible, call the phone number of the Trustee on the day of the sale a short time after the sale time was scheduled. I have been to trustee auctions and watched one auctioneer stop the proceeding to answer his cell phone. He might have been receiving news that very minute to postpone a particular property. (Or maybe his wife was asking him to pick up some milk on the way home-LOL!) I have personally heard one lender at a meeting of Realtors, say, "Give me a phone one hour before the sale that you have a strong accepted offer on a short sale situation, and I can cancel the sale." He wasn't a Chase lender, however. Every bank works differently.
Deborah Brem…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Jul 4, 2010
What you have done appears sufficient. The most up to date information can be obtained from a title officer, who will pull the record, which can then be verified. Simple to do. Their information is accurate from the date the auction is pulled. I'd be happy to have them pulled after the holiday weekend by a title office; no charge and completely confidential. No signing up at a website or giving of personal information. Contact me below to let me know.
In addition, you can ask the foreclosure department at Chase to send a letter of verification; this is the slower route and they may or may not agree.
Deborah Bremner
REALTOR, 00588885
(D) 818.564.6591
TheBremnerGroup@gmail.com
Blogging at: http://TheBremnerGroup.com/blog
Diane Wheatl…, Agent, Upland, CA
Sun Jul 4, 2010
Dear Hp - Sign up for this website and input your trustee sale number to see the status of your sale. There are other sites like this if you don't find what you are looking for here. The only way you can be sure your sale date has been cancelled or rescheduled is from the trustee. The lenders think they know, but you can rely on what they tell you. Good luck!

Diane Wheatley, Broker
diane@moveupproperties.com
(909) 981-5400