House sold in auction

Asked by the_faye_way, 95350 Fri Sep 28, 2012

Our house recently sold at auction and the new owner has given us 30 days to vacate, which we have agreed to. We are not looking to have an eviction or worse the police show up. when we bought this house we bought it as a three bedroom one and a half bath with a attached two car garage, that's what the bank loaned on , and that's what the deed says, we since added a detached two and a half car/shop, which we could have dismantled to take with us, if this is legal ? or could/should we offer to let him keep it ? for a fee, hoping someone has some answers. thanks

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Tracy Smith, Home Buyer, G R B, Plano, TX
Wed Aug 14, 2013
I just hate it when people answer a question without reading or understanding what exactly is being asked! He/She clearly stated that the addition was DETACHED from the main home! I would believe if the home is still in their name that they should be able to remove whatever they please. I also though would consult an attorney just to protect myself.
0 votes
Bob Movin-On, , Hartford, CT
Sat Sep 29, 2012
There is one outstanding issue you should check into before giving up as suggested in the previous comments.

Sold at auction do not mean "Closed" or "Deed Transferred". The auction takes place through a trustee, that trustee would then need to present the auction results to the court and a judge would need to okay the sale at which time the trustee would then have a closing and file the transfer of deed. The filing of the transfer of deed would take place at your city or town clerks office, therefore go pull the records of your property at your city or town hall and if the deed has not transferred as of yet you still own the property and you can take what ever you please.

Good Luck
Bob Patrick
Buy a home after foreclosure expert
Movin-On LLC
Helping families/people that have lost their home get back into another in as little as 6 months
0 votes
Karen Gustaf…, Agent, Modesto, CA
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Tina is correct. If it's a permanent structure or it's attached to the structure it has to stay with the property. You should consult a real estate attorney
0 votes
Tina Lam, Agent, San Jose, CA
Fri Sep 28, 2012
If you're looking for an answer to a legal question, you'll have to check with a real estate attorney who's allowed to advise you. Since you don't own the house anymore, you shouldn't be taking anything permanently attached to the property with you. You could discuss this with the new owners, but I doubt they'll pay you anything for property that they already own.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more