Homesteps bumrush: does Homesteps forbid any changes to their addendum?

Asked by Snowheight, Albany, NY Sat Oct 16, 2010

I'm dealing with the listing broker, and they claim that Homesteps will not accept any changes to their addendum. The problem is that Homesteps took a week to generate the contract after we finalized the price, so now I don't think that there is enough time left to do the title search.

Is the listing broker bluffing?

Answers

1
Bill Eckler’s answer
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Oct 16, 2010
An experienced real estate professional will tell you that you can propose almost anything you wan to but the approval is left to the seller/lender. They will also tell you that lenders get very "goofy" when addendums are provided by the seller or their specific information is canged in any way.

I don't think it's a matter of "bluffing" as much as it is trying to give you every opportunity possible to obtain the home. How would the agent benefit from not providing you with the most accurate information. In the world of real estate........no sale=no compensation.