Home was just foreclosed (sold at auction), how long before we have to move???

Asked by Stacyjinkins, Sorrento, FL Mon Apr 27, 2009

Our home was just sold at auction on April 16th for foreclosure (Wells Fargo) It was sold for $100 to our mortgage company (funny how no one else bid on it) We have been fighting this forover a year. How long do we have before we have to move out? We have two small children and we're afraid we will have to be out too quickly, and won't find another place in time. We don't want to live in our car. We're already packing, but I don't want to move out now if I have a couple of months where I don't have to pay a mortgage payment. Thanks.

Answers

4
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Refer your question to your attorney, depending on your situation you may want to start placing your things in storage elsewhere.

Anna
Gearjammer, , Sorrento, FL
Wed Jul 15, 2009
I don't want to move out now if I have a couple of months where I don't have to pay a mortgage payment

Get your worthless butt out. Your statement above makes you sound like welfare trash.
Carol Rice, Agent, Lake Mary, FL
Wed Apr 29, 2009
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I'm not an attorney and this is not legal advice, but...
Foreclosures are handled by your County and the Clerk of the Courts (Civil Court). If you're in Sorrento, FL go to this website
http://www.lakecountyclerk.org/faq.asp?subject=faqforeclosure

You can call Lake county at 352-742-4148 and they'll explain the process. I called and they said after the "sale date" and after another 10 days pass, the county can issue title to the bank. Then the bank can submit a rite of possession to the county. The county can then order the sherriff to evict you in 24 hours. They also said you should have written notice of the sale and any hearings, etc. So, you should be informed along the way. Again, I'm not giving legal advice, but it "sounds" like you have about 11 days after the sale date, but you need to be ready to leave!

To find out information about your specific foreclosure case in Lake County, go to http://www.lakecountyclerk.org/ click on the red mallet on right side that states "court records", then, click on Accept. Then, enter your name or case number.

Don't take my word for any of this! Call your county or a real estate attorney. I like the "Shipley Law Firm" in Mount Dora. They specilize in real estate.
Joellen Stra…, , Eustis, FL
Mon Apr 27, 2009
I'm sorry, but this question is out of my realm of expertise. It could be a matter of days or a couple months depending on circumstances. I don't know who you would ask.

This is a difficult situation and very challenging for you and your family right now, but I would begin looking for a place to live immediately and not put off the inevitable. It will be less stressful and it's better than getting served eviction papers by the sheriff with a miniscule amount of time to pack and relocate.