Olra, Other/Just Looking in Michigan

Hello, what kind license i need for start foreclosure clean-up business ? Thank you!

Asked by Olra, Michigan Fri Aug 20, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Lisa’s answer
iam not sure but if you get a answer please let me know iam wanting to do the same thing and i cant find out what kind of license they r asking for please email me at ( happynene2003@yahoo.com iam in ohio or any one with information would be helpfull THANK YOU.....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 11, 2012
It depends on what your city or county requires. If you're in Dakota County, Minnesota, here's a link that explains it more fully: http://www.co.dakota.mn.us/DoingBusiness/default.htm Part of the answer really is whether you'd fall under the category of "Transient Merchant"--http://www.co.dakota.mn.us/DoingBusiness/Permits/Professiona… whether you'd be involved in hauling waste: http://www.co.dakota.mn.us/DoingBusiness/Permits/WasteHauler…

Best thing to do would be to contact the county and discuss the services you plan on providing to make sure that you get the proper license.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 30, 2011
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Depends on the state, county and city you live in. many require none. The hardest part is hooking up with the asset management company to get hired to do the job.
Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 6, 2013
I think you need a Occupational Business License. I saw this posted on the Foreclosure Cleanup blog here on the web. I know by now you already have your license. Just in case others have the same question I still am posted this. Or you can go to your local City Hall in your town or city and ask there. They will tell you which business license you need for your Foreclosure Cleanup or REO Trash out business. I hope this answer helps someone.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 6, 2013
Yes to Start a Foreclosure Cleanup, REO Trash out OR Property Preservation Business a business license and general liability insurance is a must have.
Flag Fri Dec 6, 2013
do i need a license do i need to pre clean and dump trash out before construction starts
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 15, 2013
Hi Olra, I hope your business is booming this year! Peek at the Foreclosure Clean-up Business Blog (on Trulia) for some great tips to guide you to continued success in your foreclosure clean-up business!

Cassandra Black, Consultant/Author, CEO, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 15, 2011
I am in California, therefore, this answer is pertain to California only. It's just like any other business, you would need a business license, however, Banks normally sub all their properties out to "Servicer" companies to manage the properties for them, and these companies will hire "Preservation Company" to provide the clean up service. You need to include such services as Re Key, Clean Up, Minor Repair, Pool Cleaning and/or Repair, Painting, Carpet...... Then you will have better chance to get their business. Good Luck and hope this helped.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 12, 2011
You will need, at minimum, an occupational business icense. There are some great tips on the Trulia Foreclosure Cleanup Blog that will help you grow your foreclosure cleanup business and guide you when it comes to license and insurance.

Also, see below for "Free & Low Cost Tips to Set Your Business Apart in Tough Economic Times." Much success!

Cassandra Black, Consultant & CEO, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 28, 2011
You have to obtain a business license from your local city or county offices and general liability. I would recommend the foreclosure cleanup network, they provide tons of free information and mostly there are reo agents on this site you can solicit your services to.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 18, 2010
I agree that I dont think there is any licensing needed if you are doing trash outs.
Web Reference: http://www.lennyfrolov.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 20, 2010
It would depend on the state, but my guess is that you don't need a license to do the clean-up.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 20, 2010
Olra, many banks already have what they call property preservation in place, your best bet would be to market to agents that have foreclosure listings and see if they need anyone to do clean outs. As for a license needed, I am not familiar with licensing laws in your state. Depending on what you want to do you may need certain types of licensing. Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 20, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer