Hello, I just went into foreclosure today and wondering what my options are. I am very upset and fed up with

Asked by Amanda, Phoenix, AZ Fri Nov 16, 2007

my mortgage company and would love to just walk away and let the house go. After doing a little research, see that is not the best scenario. What options do I have? Thank you. Amanda

Answers

13
Ruthless, , 60558
Fri Nov 16, 2007
Amanda:
Keep trying. I am so proud of you for doing a little research to find out that walking away is NOT a good scenario. Your response was NOT long either. There are so many things that you could tell us to help discover a possible solution for you.

You said your boss messed up payroll. That's good, that means you are employed. How is your credit? Do you know your score? You said they set up a plan with you before, again, that's good. You said that you haven't called the lawyer yet. Again, I'm proud of you because you do HAVE a lawyer, at least I think. Was it YOUR lawyer or THEIR lawyer that you hadn't called yet?

Next, do you know what your home is currently worth? How long have you lived there? How old is your mortgage? Do you have a first and a second mortgage? Why/how did you get 4 months behind? Did you have an adjustable mortgage that caused an increase in payments that you can't afford?

Finally, start interviewing Realtors, call YOUR attorney, call a not-for-profit foreclosure counseling center, and call your mortgage company again and ask for a supervisor and keep going up the ladder. DON'T give up. So many people are too afraid to face this that they don't even take the steps that you have already taken. I'm proud of you.

I posted this psychological question:
http://www.trulia.com/voices/Financing/If_someone_is_conside…
and then a few days later, I discovered this persons post regarding her situation after she "chose to let the home go." She says, "We are basically starting fresh and we are running into some problems with trying to rent a place to live because of our credit problems. I am very discouraged about what we are going to do." There are some suggestions, so please read her post:
http://www.trulia.com/voices/Financing/My_husband_and_I_live…

In the reference is HUD foreclosure information for AZ.
Ruth
Brad Bergami…, Agent, Prescott, AZ
Fri Nov 16, 2007
Amanda,
I have to agree with Patrick on this one. I usually would say find a good Realtor, but as mentioned short sales have a very low closing rate. Also, you probably are loosing equity in your home by the day with all of the fees. Adding a broker fee will probably not help. See a Bankruptcy attorney quick, you have some rights but you need to assert them quickly.
Web Reference:  http://bradbergamini.com
Mr.P, , Arizona
Fri Nov 16, 2007
Amanda,
Sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation.
Options are;
1. Short Sale, Probability of success less than 20%
2. Your situation may allow relief from FHA Secure, Probability of success less than 20%
3. Visit a Bankruptcy Attorney.
4. Remain positive it could always be worse.
Amanda, Home Seller, Phoenix, AZ
Fri Nov 16, 2007
Thank you everyone. Tomaara, to answer your question, the situation is not pretty overall. I went into foreclosure in March, behind 4 payments. The day I went in they set up a payment plan with me. I'm supposed to pay every month on the 14th. I called my mortgage company yesterday to notify them the check was posted yesterday (15th) as my boss messed up on our payroll and did not get my direct deposit. This morning I called them again for more clarification at which time I was told I was in foreclosure as of today and to "wait". Thats the advice they gave me and told me my check will be mailed back to me. I haven't called the lawyer yet to find out the date and no record has been documented on the maricopa website yet. Long answer sorry!
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri Mar 21, 2014
This question posted in Nov 2007.
Amanda has solved this problems by now.

Best of success in your real estate choices
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Isabella Joh…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Feb 20, 2014
I have a lender that can assist you in this process and possibly allow you to stay in your home. Please contact me for more information and best of luck to you in this stressful time.
webuyphoenix…, Home Buyer, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Feb 20, 2014
Amanda,

This may be a bit dated, but we also have options available. We can also offer you cash, and even put cash in your pocket. Another great option may be to take over your house loan payments. This is a great option for those who fall behind on mortgage payments. Feel free to call me at 602-845-9620. Our website is http://www.webuyphoenixmetro.com

Ben
Investor X, , Gilbert, AZ
Mon Aug 8, 2011
Stay in the house and don't pay a mortgage. Bank your cash. More than likely you can stay there for 12 months.

I personally know a family living mortgage free 2.5 years and counting in Chandler, AZ. They do a loan mod every 6 months to stall eviction process. Their mortgage was $1,740. They totaled $51,000K savings so far. So this should make you think a little before packing your bags. You got to be smart and play their game.

I guess it's pay back time. Banks got their bailout. Now it's the public's time for their share.

Investor Mike
Gilbert, AZ
Jamar James, Home Seller, Phoenix, AZ
Fri Apr 4, 2008
I say Contact the Arizona Short Sale Office, the company specialize in helping homeowners stay in there home by working with the lenders to accept a lower amount for your monthly payment. There success rate is amazing for short sales, however there main focus is to work out a win-win situation with the lender on behalf of the homeowner. http://www.ArizonaShortSaleOffice.com. (I also work for the Arizona Short Sale Office, so I definetly want you to get the right help.) Beware of any companies that require you to sign over a warranty deed, brings a notary to your house, comes to your house to meet you, or does not have an office to meet you. Just a few foreclosure tips, its critical you get help from a company that has happy previous clients.
When your in foreclosure you want to get help from individuals who are actively working on similiar cases.
SellQuickFor…, Both Buyer And Seller, 85249
Mon Mar 10, 2008
Amanda,

You have many options...some you were probably not aware of!

We buy Arizona homes in any area, any condition with No Realtors, No Fees, and No Hassles guaranteed. With over 50,000++ homes currently on the market and an absorption rate of around 3500 per month, why let the current housing market recession determine when you can sell your house? By choosing to sell your house to an investor, you can sell without making any repairs and on your time-line! Plus, SellQuickForCash.com listens to your situation and creates a custom solution that fits you and your family's current needs. Our whole investment model revolves around creating a WIN / WIN situation for the both of us. WE ARE NOT A LARGE INVESTMENT COMPANY...INSTEAD, WE ARE A SMALL LOCAL COMPANY WHO CARE.

http://www.SellQuickForCash.com is Arizona's #1 Cash For Houses websites specializing in providing solutions to homeowners in order to solve their housing problems. Call 480-861-8732

SELL YOUR HOUSE FOR CASH: Maybe you are currently FACING FORECLOSURE or have other financial pressures and are forced to sell your house quickly. It can take 3...6...9 months or more to sell the traditional way, and there is no guarantee you will sell fast enough before the auction takes place. Whatever your reason is for needing to sell quick for cash, we have the cash available, and the team of experts in place to close in as little as 3 days. We buy homes all over the Phoenix Metro area and can buy yours too!

SELL YOUR HOUSE FOR CASH AND RENT IT BACK: There are many reasons why you would want to sell your house to us and keep living in it. Financial pressures, a difficult divorce, a pending foreclosure are just a few of the many reasons you may need to sell quickly. This option is perfect for anyone that says "I want to sell my house fast" but does not want to move out yet. You can rent your home back for as little or as long as you wish and the best part is we will always structure the deal at very competitive market rent rates.

SELL YOUR HOUSE FOR CASH, RENT IT BACK WITH AN OPTION TO BUY AT A PRE-DETERMINED PRICE: If outside circumstances have forced you to sell your home without you wanting to move, we can create a plan with a short-term rental, or long-term rental that has an option to buy-back the home at a pre-determined price. This allows you to get quick cash for your house, continue living in it, and buy it back for less than market value while saving most of your hard earned equity. This is a great option if you believe your situation is only temporary and you will want to continue owning your home in the future once your finances get stronger! The best part of this deal is all of our rental rates, and buy back options are set up fairly with the price agreed upon in advance.

Go to http://www.SellQuickForCash.com to educate yourself on your situation and the options available to you!

480-861-8732
Ulises Romo, , Phoenix, AZ
Sat Dec 8, 2007
That's awful. but I feel you may want to speak with your mortgage company and ask if they wouldn't mind a short sale, and save themselves some money if they foreclose. It is a long shot but you may wan to see if that might be possible just to see if they would accept.

Foreclosure is a long and expensive process that many lenders do not want to go through. Besides if they do foreclose, they have to try to sell your home, and pay electricity, water, etc.. to sell it. And they do not want that either. Try and talk to the Loss Mitigation Department and see what happens. A REALTOR® could do this all for you too.

Ulises Romo, REALTOR®
PRO-formance Realty Concepts
ulisesromo29@yahoo.com
Brian Burke, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Fri Nov 16, 2007
Find a good Realtor in your area and see if you can do a Short Sale.
Web Reference:  http://www.kennaandco.com
Tomaara Rand…, , Phoenix, AZ
Fri Nov 16, 2007
Hello Amanda,
I am sorry that you are going through this difficult time. Let's see what options you have:
Just a few questions to see where you are at:
1)Have you been notified of a date for a Trustee Sale yet?
2)How many payments are you behind?