Has anyone ever heard of American Standard online?

Asked by John Opalski, 92648 Fri May 7, 2010

They claim to be able to do title transfers for homes in pre-foreclosure. Is this a ligit deal and is this company ligit?

Answers

91
Regent’s answer
Regent, Renter, San Mateo, CA
Thu Jun 21, 2012
This "company" charges unwary victims $200 for basically nothing. The listings they provide are available for free on line and what they provide is inaccurate. They are a waste of time. If you seek a legitimate refund, they put you through impossible/unrealistic hoops, of course fully designed for you to give up so that they can keep your money without providing any service. DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO AMERICAN STANDARD ONLINE. THEY ARE A RIP-OFF!
How do you ever find legit info online without being preyed on by ads & scams Regent?
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013
Leah Carson, Renter, Pleasanton, CA
Thu Oct 3, 2013
TOTAL SCAM AND STRESS MAKER!!!
I signed up with American Standard Online over a year ago, thinking if it wasn't what I needed I could get a refund, since they make it sound like an easy task. They charge a $199 fee to use their service. However, it wasn't what I was looking for and when I tried to get a refund they were cold and told me I had to have 5 letters from the home owner. When I tried to contact them, I got no response. It is almost impossible to have a ex homeowner of a foreclosed property whom no longer lives on the property to care enough to write you a denial letter, but that's exactly what American Standard expects in order to get any type of refund. I have gone through much stress, sending the business letters, calling customer service, where your on hold for at least 20 minutes, just for them to tell you either get the letters or you get no refund. I begged and pleaded, letting them know my situation, yet there is no sympathy from any representative or supervisor. Now they just told me my account just "expired" so no I can't even log on.
total scam got me to and my bank wonted even refund me my money, but God will make them pay what goes around come around!!!
Flag Thu Jul 20, 2017
Its a scam I got ripped off to
Flag Wed May 17, 2017
Same happened to me. Sent out 25 letters to homeowners and nothing. Call the company and all get is "lines are temporally busy try back". Tried logging in to my account says password is in valid. Pretty much stole my hard earned money.
Flag Fri Apr 7, 2017
American Standard is a Ripp off
Flag Fri Mar 24, 2017
hey
Flag Sun Feb 12, 2017
The same thing just happen to me I called and each time I recorded who I spoke with and every time I took there name and date down so I can refur to it but it didn't help they are asking me foe 5 letters like you said the home owner is not going to take there time to give me a denial letter. Please please please do not feed into this program at all. So stresses over it and very upset how people can run a company like this and feel good at night when they go to bed !!!!!!
Flag Wed Jul 6, 2016
Sounds like a job for LegalShield http://www.hollislopez.com
Flag Sat Feb 13, 2016
Response to Erin. It's NOT fraudulent when you don't follow the terms and conditions for refund. If a store says you MUST have a store receipt to get a refund or store credit, YOU MUST HAVE A RECEIPT. It's call terms and conditions. And Erin is a real estate agent. Show knows about terms and conditions.
Flag Mon Feb 8, 2016
The lady from Pleasant, Ca. was assuming. She tried to shortcut the process. The properties that were vacant move in ready are bank owned (ex homeowners that don't live there). Bank reps or mortgage reps show those houses. She didn't follow the step by step guideline information that was provided for her. She also agreed to the term and conditions. So for her to bad mouth the company because she thought it was a quick process is redundant. She probably complains about store items at her local grocery store as well.
Flag Mon Feb 8, 2016
So for the refund why didn't you just contact your bank and say it was fraudulent? They say after 90 days if you dont find a home that you want then you get that money back. After 90 days if you haven't gotten a home from them then I would call to get the money back. If they refuse then they defrauded you and you can report the charge as fraud to your bank.
Flag Wed May 13, 2015
you all just saved me $200...I WOULD HAVE BEEN FURIOUS.....
Flag Thu May 7, 2015
This same thing happened to me today! I can't believe I fell for this! The representative that signs you up makes it sound extremely easy to cancel. I called several times and waited for 15 minutes each time I called. They will absolutely NOT refund the $199. I wasn't even told I needed 5 letters of denial. I had to read it somewhere on there website. HUGE SCAM
Flag Thu Apr 3, 2014
That's exactly what happened to me. It's been a year and a half and no refund from them!! THEY ARE A COMPLETE SCAM!!
Flag Fri Oct 25, 2013
Chickprincez…, Renter, Torrance, CA
Thu Jul 8, 2010
DO NOT PAY THE MONEY!! ITS A SCAM!!! READ THE COMPLAINTS!!

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/american-standard-…
I PAY THE MONEY I FELL STUPID TOO!!!!
Flag Thu Feb 6, 2014
Take legal action
Flag Fri Jan 31, 2014
Tim Kunze, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Sat May 8, 2010
There was a recent article about an individual doing business out of a spa who was using quitclaims to transfer title on vacant properties and then renting them out. Caused quite a number of problems for the real owners, whether they were individuals or banks who had already foreclosed on the properties.

I would strongly suggest you talk to either a Realtor(r) or a real estate lawyer. If you are wanting to purchase foreclosure properties, I can assist you with that as I have quite a bit of experience dealing with either side of a foreclosure (sale or purchase). If you are purchasing a for-sale-by-owner and want to do the title transfer correctly, I can suggest several title and escrow companies that will help you in that area.
Web Reference:  http://www.TimKunze.com
i would love for u to help me. Give me pointers on how to do this. i'm looking for a foreclosure house to move into asap. How can i get in touch with u?
Flag Sun Aug 28, 2016
I'm in the process of getting out of a miserable marriage. I have bad credit that I am trying to clean up. I've been paying off old debt and I have built up credit with new credit card companies. Would I be able to get a rental with my credit?
Flag Thu Jan 10, 2013
TheRECoach, , Orange County, CA
Mon May 10, 2010
Hey John, this is just 1 of "A whole bunch" of "Scam" warnings on line about that company...Be very careful please :-)

I wish you the very best of luck in your endeavors

Stay Blogging My Friends!

@CBRELongBeach
Web Reference:  http://CoastalAlliance.net
veronica_pal…, Home Buyer, North Hollywood, CA
Tue Feb 18, 2014
IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY THESE PEOPLE--the least you could do is go to this website (http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-busines…) and make a complaint about them. The most you could do is sue them in small claims court. Its a task, but you can do it as long as you can find out what kind of company it is and who the owner is if it is privately owned (and I read another post where someone mentioned it was owned by a woman, don't remember her name). If you don't want to hassle with small claims, you could also send a consumer complaint to the attorney general of your state. I'm sure you could find the information for each of your individual states on your state government websites. Gather all the evidence you can to help prove how this company scammed you (phone records, craigslists ads, names you remember, bank account information that might be relevant, anything you think might be able to further prove that you are not lying). Its possible to get your money back, you just have to work for it, but you SHOULD because these people are WRONG in what they are doing to people. Taking advantage of people that aren't as informed about the ugly truth of the power of written words on paper by LYING to them to them and even just not being completely honest with them about COMMON SENSE issues is WRONG (i.e. telling people that they can get their money back after a certain amount of time while omitting the fact that they have to get 5 strangers to sign a refusal letter of some sorts before they can get their money back. Disgusting.) These are the loop holes that need to be fixed. And they can be as long as people do something about it. I did when a company tried to screw me over like this. I sent all my evidence to show this company was nothing but a scam to the attorney general of california's office and a few months later I got a letter from a man who claimed to be a customer service person from the company I could never find, and said he wanted to help me and blah blah blah, yeah whatever ducker, you just got caught and don't want me to sue your a$$, cuz you know I can $%^@ you now. I didn't want to be a person out to screw anyone, so I didn't sue him, I just asked for the money that I paid back and I got it pretty quickly. I should have sued though to set an example. ...Maybe I will because this just makes me so upset that people are getting screwed and feeling hopeless like this.
Don't do it that is a bunch of bull I paid with my credit card,
Flag Fri Mar 24, 2017
Maybe a Class Action would be suitable with this many complaints.
If there is an attorney out there who would take it on.
Flag Thu Dec 18, 2014
Cindy Ludwig, Renter, 53913
Sat Nov 16, 2013
Yes, I would stay clear of them. I have contacted this company twice now about rental properties,and twice they have been extremely rude to me on the phone. The first time the agent on the other end hung up on me and the second time, just today I wanted to report the first agent's behavior and asked for a supervisor and that agent was also extremely rude and condescending to me, telling me they had a lot of customers to help and saying inappropriate things like, "We need a credit card to get started," and "Somebody's not paying attention." No reputable business talks to its customers that way.
That's exactly what happened to me yesterday with Richard (operator #2040), he was so rude an condescending and when I asked him a question he just hung up on me...his behavior made me think its a scam...and it looks like it is a total scam. lame, I just need to find a place to live not get worked over....good luck out here!
Flag Wed Feb 24, 2016
Carmen Allen, Renter, Alexandria, VA
Tue Mar 26, 2013

Here is the link for the BBB. This company received an "F" grade. Hope this helps.

http://www.santabarbara.bbb.org/business-reviews/Foreclosure…
you have to be registered with the bbb to get a good letter
Flag Mon Nov 18, 2013
OVERVIEW OF BBB GRADE
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business.

BBB assigns letter grades from A+ (highest) to F (lowest). In some cases, BBB will not grade the business (indicated by an NR, or "No Rating”) for reasons that include insufficient information about a business or ongoing review/update of the business' file.

BBB Business Reviews generally explain the most significant factors that raised or lowered a business' grade.

BBB grades are not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' grade in addition to all other available information about the business.

GRADING ELEMENTS

BBB grades are based on information in BBB files with respect to the following factors:

Business' complaint history with BBB.

The BBB grade takes into account the following information with respect to closed complaints that relate to a business' marketplace activities:

Number of complaints filed with BBB against the business
If complaints have been filed, whether BBB considers them to be of a serious nature
If complaints have been filed, whether the business has appropriately responded to them in BBB's opinion
If complaints have been filed, whether the business resolved the complaints in a timely manner to the customer's satisfaction
If complaints have been filed, whether BBB's opinion is that business made a good faith effort to resolve complaints if the customer was not satisfied with the resolution
If complaints have been filed, whether BBB's opinion is that business has failed to resolve the underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.
BBB analysis of a business' complaint history generally takes into account the business' size if BBB has reliable information from the business to establish its size. If BBB cannot reliably determine business size, it will consider business to fall within BBB's smallest size category.

Type of business.

A business' BBB grade is lowered if, in BBB's opinion, the business falls within either of the following two categories:

Types of business that, in BBB experience, are believed to operate in violation of the law or materially misrepresent their products/services. Businesses that fall within this category will always get an F grade.
Types of business that, in BBB experience, are likely to generate marketplace concerns or a high level of customer dissatisfaction because of the inherent nature of the products/services offered. Businesses that fall within this category can get no higher than a C grade.
Time in business.

A business' BBB grade is based in part on the length of time the business has been operating. Time in business is most frequently determined from information provided by the business; while BBB expects businesses to provide accurate information, BBB will verify information if BBB has reason to believe provided information is not accurate. If the business has been asked for time in business information but does not provide it to BBB, BBB will consider business to have started at the time BBB opened its file on the business unless BBB file indicates an earlier time.

Background information on business in BBB files.

A business' BBB grade is lowered if:

BBB does not have basic background information on the business. BBB routinely requests background information on businesses. While businesses are under no legal obligation to provide BBB with information, the failure of a business to provide background information may lead to a lowered grade.
BBB does not have a clear understanding of the business and its practices. This includes situations where BBB has conflicting information about the business and the business is not able to resolve the conflict to BBB's satisfaction.
Failure to honor commitments to BBB.

A business' BBB grade is lowered if:

Business does not honor its commitments to BBB, including commitments to abide by mediation settlement or arbitration award.
BBB revoked the business' BBB accreditation due to business' failure to comply with its commitment to follow BBB accreditation standards.
Licensing and government actions known to BBB.

A business' BBB grade is lowered when BBB has knowledge of the following:

Failure of the business to have required competency licensing (i.e., licensing that requires a competency assessment or can be taken away based on misconduct by business).
Government actions against the business that relate to its marketplace activities and, in BBB's opinion, raise questions about the business' ethics or its reliability in providing products/services.
BBB routinely checks required competency licensing and government actions before a business is accredited by BBB. BBB does not routinely check required competency licensing and government actions for businesses that do not seek BBB accreditation, although in some cases BBB learns of these matters through its marketplace research.

Advertising issues known to BBB.

A business' BBB grade is lowered when the business does not, in BBB's opinion, appropriately respond to BBB advertising challenges that relate to:

Misuse of the BBB name or BBB marks; or
Potential advertising issues identified by BBB.
BBB advertising challenges are made at BBB's discretion when it receives complaints from consumers about advertising or when BBB identifies questionable advertising through its monitoring of local media.

GRADING POINTS

This chart shows the maximum number of points that can be earned or deducted in the BBB grading system. Please note there are some categories in which businesses can only lose points, and for those categories a "0” is indicated as the maximum number of points that can be awarded.

Element Range of points that can be earned or deducted (maximum to minimum)
1. Type of Business 0 to -41
2. Time in Business 8 to -10
3. Competency Licensing 0 or -41
4. Complaint Volume 20 to 2
5. Unanswered Complaints 20 to -21
6. Unresolved Complaints 10 to 1
7. Serious Complaints 15 to 0
8. Complaint Analysis 8 to -12
9. Complaint Resolution Delayed 0 or -5
10. Failure to Address Complaint Pattern 0 or -5
11. Government Action 0 to -30
12. Advertising Review 0 to -41
13. Background Information 5 or 0
14. Clear understanding of business 0 or -5
15. Mediation/arbitration 0 to -41
16. Revocation 0 or -10
Back to Top
Flag Mon Nov 18, 2013
yeah and the bbb is a scam to bbb-scams on youtube
Flag Mon Nov 18, 2013
Yep -- I was just going to file a complaint. Extremely rude and unprofessional - not on the up and up - hiding something!
Flag Sat Nov 16, 2013
Alane Anders…, Agent, Newport Beach, CA
Mon Sep 17, 2012
It's a scam, recommend working with a professional Realtor to avoid such situations. Good luck, Alane.
yes how ?
Flag Thu May 26, 2016
how do u find a realtor that does these kinds of things this company is saying they can do I live in texas
Flag Mon Sep 16, 2013
marjimozart, Home Buyer, 84722
Mon Sep 10, 2012
DO NOT BE SCAMMED BY THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!
I, along with many, many others have paid them 200 dollars of our hard earned money in good faith that we would indeed receive the benefits we were promised, only to find out that this company offers NO, and I repeat, NO help in finding homes. I have driven, literally HUNDREDS of miles to visit the listed addresses only to learn that they were all BOGUS addresses!! BE WARNED!!! Don't make the same terrible mistake that I did; hundreds of dollars down the drain on fuel, as well as paying for the "membership" only to be RIPPED OFF!!
Not only that!! But they have sold my email address so now my email is FULL of SPAM!!!
Mrs.pink, Renter, California
Tue Nov 16, 2010
I payed this company 200 bucks to "Help" me find a home to rent to own not only did they not help at all but now I'm going round and round for my money back. I'm not sure if there a scam but I strongly advise against giving any money to this company
manny4life, , Houston, TX
Thu Feb 19, 2015
I fell for this cheap scam five days ago,

First, I am calling Bank of America and disputing the charge. They don't tell you the clause behind the refund which is getting 5 denial letters plus 10% cancellation fee.

Second, the houses that were put on sale have accelerated into foreclosure auction or even resold.

Third, some of these home have active landlords (property record) that shows no recent filings.

Fourth, the fact that you have to pay to view the listings, and to even imagine that you have to send contact letters to homeowners who aren't selling is the most disgusting thing I've seen. I have facts and figures...

In fact, one of the houses I was interested in "2006 Ivy Crest Ct, Houston TX 77077" was not even in foreclosure. Due to the nature of my job, I decided to dig further regarding this home because the facts presented did not make sense to me. My research led me to:

Houston's Clerk Recorder recorded the "Notice of Substitute trustee" on December 16, 2014

American Standard Online entered the information into their system on Dec 19, 2014

Meanwhile, a notice of acceleration was filed onto the owner on December 8, 2014.

This is where business integrity lies: the mortgage service provider sent in the trustee notice along with other affidavits, but

a. ASO negligently dismissed the other fillings on record such as notice of acceleration. Therefore, if there was an acceleration already as of Dec 8th, this wasn't a pre-foreclosure as identified by ASO, this was CLEARLY FORECLOSURE.

b. ASO willfully entered the wrong information in their system (wrong transfer value, date as well as other information ). They claimed the transfer value is $189k, meanwhile the foreclosed auction starting bid is $450k, This is VERY dubious..

c. Notwithstanding that the owner of the property "Mr. Ali Khan" immediately sued (SEE district court docket filing: active as of January 31, 2015) and got an temporary injunction of which Judge Palmer issued an ex-parte order halting the proposed sale of the property.

I looked for their legal business name, but I could not find it. I wouldn't have a hard time finding their true legal name. When I am done, I will pull out their Dunn and Bradstreet ("D&B") profile and all their management info and paste it on the blog referenced back to CL ads.

Furthermore, I am sending my letters and evidence to bank of American CC processing / fraud center. Banks need to start declining transactions from these processors. I am sending to ALL the trustees on file alleging that ASO claimed they were hired by a lending bank to post such a false information. I will send this to Ali Khan, as well as other owners whose property isn't even in the foreclosure process. Finally, the Texas Attorney General's office , CA Secretary of State, CA Attorney General's office, and then BBB.

I am determined to expose all their fraud...
They are running an ad on norfolkcraigslist ,Va Hampton roads I'm reporting there ad right now ..
Flag Fri Feb 20, 2015
Jim Gutierrez, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Sun Feb 16, 2014
This company is a rip off. You pay them $199.00 to get set up. But when I asked them question about the company name i got hung up on. I called back and told the same person that he hung up and he said that he did not answer the phone. I asked for there web sight and he said he could not give it to me unless I paid the fee. And then hung up on me again.
Sounds to good to be true?
A legitimate company would be forthcoming with all their information, websites, etc..... this company needs to be reported. Thank you for sharing your experience!
Flag Thu Mar 13, 2014
Sa7nfool, Home Buyer, San Diego County, CA
Thu Jul 21, 2011
i was scamed by this company and did not get any help and when i asked about my refund they ask me for so many paper work and 5 deniel letters from the banks , what i mean they ask you for things that can't be done. it is a scam . and i advise every body to place this company name on their facebook and expose them to the whole world . and please send more complaints to the consumer protection agency about this fraud , cuz i believe they already got millions and millions of dollars from innocent individuals who are desperate to find a property to own or to rent . bottom line, i am telling it as it is . it is a scam and it has to be stopped by the law.
Brad Davidson, Agent, Placentia, CA
Fri May 7, 2010
Anyone can do a title transfer with a quitclaim deed. If this is one of the companies claiming to be able to save you from foreclosure, BEWARE!!! Putting title in another name won't stop a foreclosure. This is a money grab by people preying on others that are in trouble.

Brad Davidson
Broker - 01416432
http://www.wehelpubuy.com
gkickery@hotmail.com
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
ANYONE WHO SAID IT WORKED FOR THEM , PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE PROCESS YOU TOOK, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT ON PAPER, gkickery@hotymail.com
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
ITS NOT A PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS, BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO CLUE ON HOW TO LEGALLY TAKE OWNERSHIP OR ASSIGNMENT OF A PRE-FORCLOSEURE! I TALKED TO THEM TODAY AND THE JERK OFF SAID THAT YOU MUST PAY $199.00 BEFORE YOU CAN LOOK AT ANY HOUSES. IF SOUNDS LIKE A DUCK , QUACKS LIKE A DUCK, IT MUST BE A DUCK,,, SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT MUST BE!
ALL THEY WANT YOU TO DO IS PAY $199.00 THEN YOU CAN LOOK AT THEIR LIST OF PRE-FORCLOSED HOMES, BIG DEAL, YOU CAN GO ONTO ANY LAND RECORDS LIST IN ANY TOWN AND LOOK FOR LIS-PENDONS FOR FREE! OTHER SITES LIKE THIS 1 ONLY CHARGE ANYWHERE FROM $1.99 TO $4.00. OUT OF EVERY 100 PRE-FORCLOSURE HOMES YOU FIND YOU ARE LUCKY IF 1 GOES ALONG WITH YOU, I KNOW I HAVE DONE THEM BEFORE, ITS A LONG PROCESS.
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
WITHOUT
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
well dave lester,, first you are wrong! every bser says the bank will not foreclose on you if you are making the payments, regardless who lives in the house. its called DUE ON SALE CLAUSE,, BETTER KNOWN AS ACCELERATION. IF YOU DO NOT OWN THE HOME AND YOU ARE NOT ON THE DEED, HOW CAN YOU OWN? WELL FIRST YOU HAVE TOO PUT THE HOUSE IN A GARN -ST. GERMAIN ACT LAND TRUST. THIS IS THE ONLY LAND TRUST YOU CAN PUT ON A HOME WITH CHANGING THE DUE ON SALE CLAUSE. ALSO THE HOME OWNER THAT IS ON THE DEED HAS TO KEEP 10% ASSIGNMENT OF THE LAND TRUST AND THE PERSON SO TO SPEAK BUYING THE HOUSE HAS TO HAVE THE OTHER 90% ASSIGNMENT. THE GARN-ST GERMAIN ACT OF 1982 ALLOWS YOU TO DO THIS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT VIOLATE "DUE ON SALE CLAUSE". WHEN YOU PUT THE HOUSE INTO A LAND TRUST YOU HAVE TO DEED IT TO MAKE IT LEGAL,, ITS NEVER BUYING,, ITS BEING ASSIGNED TO THE LAND TRUST, HOWEVER THE ORIGINAL HOME OWNER IS PART OF THIS WHOLE PROCESS UNTIL THE HOUSE IS LEGALLY PAID OFF.
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
it's actually a company that helps buyers own homes for the remainder of the mortgage. meanwhile, the owner's credit gets saved, as long as those monthly payments get made and the bank is satisfied because they're able to avoid a lengthy foreclosure process. it's actually a really great company and a great niche that they've found themselves in an otherwise, "left to the professionals" business.
Flag Sun Sep 22, 2013
Karlenemcleo…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Mon Feb 2, 2015
This company is a nasty nasty scammed. I need my money back and I am going to get it back even if. I have to sue the company I work too dam hard for this company to take and take.
Sharon Felton, Agent, Nashville, TN
Tue Aug 12, 2014
Gee, I thought American Standard was a toilet... And by the number of scam notices posted here, I guess they are!
Amy, Renter, 95687
Mon May 19, 2014
Saw this ad on craigslist and called the number listed which was 1-510-256-3090. A man answered and said his name was Matt and that he was a "housing coordinator". I asked about the ad and he said it was an ad to take over someone else's lease. I asked if it went through an owner or company and he said company. I asked for the name of the company and he said American Standard. I said ok, where is the property located? Since the ad did not mention a city...He took a deep breath then hung up on me. Um.. I'd say..Total scam!!!

Ad: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/apa/4478374633.html

- 1-510-256-3090
he (Matt) did the same thing to me when i ask if i could just drive by and look at the property before committing the $199.00 .
Flag Tue Mar 22, 2016
Yep I had pretty much the same experience except I pursued it a bit further, its the same guy answering the phone, (changing his name from Mike to William to Matt) being rude, hanging up when u ask viable questions or for a supervisor and claiming to be one when u call back talking fast and over you plz dont waste your $.
Flag Tue May 20, 2014
Girlcasting, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Sun Jan 12, 2014
I joined American Standard Online's service in April, 2013. I was told that it takes on average 30 days to get into a home. I was able to use their property search listings that had photos and details for all of their properties. They do offer real people that you can speak with to help answer any questions one may have. Their customer support people were helpful. It is a bit confusing at first, but I was determined not to have to pay realtor commissions, and I did not have money for a down payment.
My tenacity paid off. My husband and I were finally able to assume a home mortgage without all the hassles. American Standard Online helped us. They have been in business for over 10 years, and I would recommend their service to anyone who is tired of renting. It just takes a little time.
I found a home and paid the fee and I look at the home on Monday. I will let you all know how it works out, it is nicer than the one I am in and cheaper.
Flag Sat Dec 6, 2014
"I was determined not to have to pay realtor commissions"

FYI, for anyone who may still think this company is legit, or that this fraudulent review is from a real person who used this despicable company... a buyer does not pay fees to a Realtor to buy a home.
Flag Wed Oct 1, 2014
Cindy Ludwig, Renter, 53913
Sat Nov 16, 2013
Dave Lester, Both Buyer And Seller, Minneapolis, MN
Sun Sep 22, 2013
it's very legit. American Standard is a company that helps buyers own homes for the remainder of the mortgage. meanwhile, the owner's credit gets saved, as long as those monthly payments get made and the bank is satisfied because they're able to avoid a lengthy foreclosure process. it's actually a really great company and a great niche that they've found themselves in an otherwise, "left to the professionals" business.
Wow, the thieves are really coming out in force to defend their easy money.

FYI, this is another fraudulent review, from someone at the company not from a real person who used this despicable company...
Flag Wed Oct 1, 2014
Sun Sep 22, 2013
American Standard Online, the pre-foreclosure company-
-They're legit. They do have some complaints tho. but, I didn't have any problems with them. check it out - I got a 4 bedroom house in Minneapolis with them. I was able to flip it made 30k in 4 months with only a few hours invested. That's the definition of legit, is it not?
Wow, they are still going at it. You are a scam and horrible people to steal money from hard working people.
Flag Mon May 11, 2015

Flag Wed Oct 1, 2014
SCAMMMM!!!!!! BEWARE SCAMMMMM!!!! This man is part of there SCAMMMM!!!!
Flag Wed Nov 13, 2013
terisummers, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Sep 19, 2013
This is a great way to get into a real house.The houses are awesome,what a great program and i'm so glad i did the program i got into my house 3 year's ago only 750.00 a month i'm still here loving my home and i thank americanstandardonline my credit was horrible,but their was away around that,my income was my credit,the homes are beautiful,you can't beat 199.00 where else would you be

guaranteed a home or your money back.

Teri Summers
did american standard online actually get you into a home? im asking because my husband and i are thinking of doing this?
Flag Sat Oct 26, 2013
Lady, Renter, Oakland, CA
Tue Apr 24, 2012
SCAM!!! ALL THE WAY

RIP OFF

DO NOT DO IT!

I did double the work looking for my new dream house and this scam people tuck my money and promise lies
Bob Davis, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Thu Dec 8, 2011
I have heard bad things about this company. Read lots of stuff online about them being a scam. Look at what people are saying here. Best to avoid them at all costs.
Thom Colby, Agent, Irvine, CA
Sat May 8, 2010
John -

I agree with both Brad and Tim. But, to add to their comments, if you are facing foreclosure, you also need to speak with a REALTOR who specializes in distressed properties as there are new government programs to make it easier to do short sales and avoid foreclosure completely.

Best of luck,

Thom Colby
Broker / REALTOR
Newport Beach, CA
Burgeesjason2, Home Buyer, Waterville, ME
Tue Aug 15, 2017
Consolidations, personal loans. You can also use equity in your property to settle debt review, finance home improvements and business. Finance moveable assets as security. Email:burgeesjason2@gmail.com
Uell12, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Tue Aug 8, 2017
Yes I signed up and everything I was told was a lie I pay $ 199 and got nothing but lies and I was played. If you want to contact me my number is(310) 722-5965 yodit
Zarobindia, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Apr 6, 2017
These people are good. Good at nothing I'm still waiting on a refund it's all bull and we need to unite for a class action lawsuit. They don't answer the phone but they should stop answering all together. Who's with me? Zarobindia@gmail.com
Gardenbo8, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Mar 9, 2017
yeah this is a total scam it's been a few months and I've been trying to get a refund because it wasn't what I wanted and I waited the 90 days and I get no response from the website and their phone is not connected anymore I'm turning them in who's with me
yes American standard is under investigation fbi went their with santabarbra law enforcement look up latest fbi report may of 2017 yes former employer cant believe they lasted that long yeah they changed programs acouple of times basically ive been in the industry 20 plus years top producer 4 many years what they call top hope they figured it out get 199 back urs truly
Flag Sun May 21, 2017
good morning santa Barbara if u need directions 2 American standard online go to the main drag sate st ull see a clock go about 1 mille make right on milpas onur right side look 4 building that u can see stairs walk up stairs first door is sales floor door on left is customer services all the companys that resided out santa Barbara were public info ucan get online no need 2 pay in future what u can get on line for free and u see advertise is basically the same thing no need 2 pay also if they don't refund call ur bank for charge back ull get back remember company does not want 2 have lots of complaints they could loose their merchant account its happened a lot of times contact dist attorney for info I worked in the same industry for many years ! isay success can duplicate themselves ifur successful but all the companys similar foldedalso see who has the merchant account also always ask that queston in the future operator573
Flag Sun May 21, 2017
Liveyourdrea…, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Wed Feb 22, 2017
I have been attempting to get in contact with the company because the 31 homes we've reached out to have not contacted us back about their residence. There hasn't been a single homeowner who has made contact with us at all. We have called the provided number but all I get is a busy signal from the line every single time I call. I would like to request a refund because we never hear from anyone and its been the allotted 90 days. Does anyone have a more recently contact number for this company or any of its affiliates?
Navina Hassan, Renter, New York, NY
Mon Dec 19, 2016
They took my money out of my account too $200 I'm trying to get it back
Sakyla Smith…, Renter, New York, NY
Wed Nov 9, 2016
I lost 200 too I'm trying to get my money back I call they're "closed"
Sakyla Smith…, Renter, New York, NY
Wed Nov 9, 2016
I lose 200 too I'm trying to get my money back I call they're "closed"
Williamlight…, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Fri Oct 21, 2016
STAY AWAY, They are nothing more then a SCAM
I lost 200 and I have been fighting to get the company shutdown.
Its nothing more then fraud.
Adams.steven, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Oct 13, 2016
Total scam. We started getting letters stating our home was in pre-forclosure and someone wanted to buy our home. I have no idea how old their mailing list is, but this house went through a forclosure 9 years ago with a previous owner. We are the second owner since then. They come up with false info for subscribers.
They also have a F rating with the BBB.
Flag Thu Oct 13, 2016
Bobyj, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Wed Sep 28, 2016
Great Program I found a hom in two weeks!!! Thank you American Stantard!!!
obxrdh, Home Buyer, Nags Head, NC
Tue Sep 27, 2016
I called about an advertised home which is posted on craigslist. The "housing coordinator" told me to sign up for the fee of $199. Then I would have access to "many" homes in Dare County. The description of the home was hard to believe, as homes in this area are much more expensive.
When I had more questions about the company, the :housing coordinator" hung up on me! Now, I know this company, American Standard, is giving many people hope that they are unable to provide. I believe this is outright fraud and have reported them to the NC Attorney General's office. I hope the company is held accountable for misleading the public. I am sure they have collected the registration payments from many in order to help themselves; NOT the public.
Savannahcost…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Sep 20, 2016
I'm currently trying to deal with them but not being able to log in on their site is kicking me
Hubbylovesfi…, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Sat Sep 10, 2016
Is there Anyone Anywhere that has actually been Helped by this company???
Stealthj8, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Sat Sep 10, 2016
Jason, Green Bay, WI

Hi, again folks wanted apologize messed up on the addresses a little on previous review both American Standard and Anchor House Financial use to operate through the same address which was 1187 Coast Village Road., Suite #1-555, Montecito, CA 93108, which is also another UPS store, but Anchor Financial now lists 5662 Calle Real, Suite #207, Goleta, CA 93117 as now contact location.
Johnnymac, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Sat Aug 27, 2016
Ha ha - Their "business address" is a box in a UPS Store. How do scams like this continue to thrive? Is there no State or Federal enforcement to go after crooks like this? Lord knows the State will come after a LEGAL business if they think you owe them tax dollars!
Cgagnier.sr, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Fri Jul 29, 2016
Talked with company and then read the reviews. Decided not to go with them. Called them back up and told them I was not going to with them due to lousy reviews and technical difficulties with foreclosures, Julie proceeded to hang up on me. I did not pay the $199.00, Good thing.
Tiffanythedo…, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Fri Jun 17, 2016
Major Scam!!!! Takes your money knowing that the homes listed were sold out years ago. Makes you do all the work and sets you up to never be able to actually receive your refund. will you lies straight in your ear. COMPLETE SCAM!
Tfobes, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Wed May 4, 2016
To consider this a person may what to check....I understand the banks and federal mortgage laws stopped the assumable mortgage program in the early 90's. If you consider this program, you might want to consult with a mortgage or real estate friend to confirm.
Jcevett, Home Buyer, Chesnee, SC
Mon Mar 14, 2016
This is a scam. I was sucked in to it and paid the 199 but turns out all the listing are 4 to 5 years old and when I tried to get my money back (which they said I could at any time that I was dis-satisfied) they told me I had to wait 90 days before I could try to get it back. That mind you was not counting the days that it would take them to process it. Total scam. Don't use them.
ktrego8, Renter, Myrtle Beach, SC
Wed Mar 9, 2016
Thanks to all of you, my partner and I didn't get scammed! It is sites like this one that really helps the consumer. Its a good day!
KT
Ak_kraut, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Mon Feb 29, 2016
Scam. BBB Lists the company as an F rating. 225 complaints in the last three years. Business failed to respond to 224. http://www.bbb.org/santa-barbara/business-reviews/mailing-li…
Robertd02, Home Buyer, Huntington Beach, CA
Tue Feb 9, 2016
Thank you to all the people that shared their unfortunate experiences with this company. I almost fell for it too, but hesitated to give them my credit card info. Thanks to this Blog, and all of you, I saved myself 199.
wish I had done the same! I actually believed the guy!
Flag Sat Feb 13, 2016
limegreen0617, Home Buyer, Ocean Springs, MS
Thu Apr 23, 2015
Matthew was his name and he was very rude to me, especially when I continued to ask questions...I began to believe that he was upset because of the questions...I guess I was right.. So glad that this is the kind of thing we can discover online.....You know the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" (And honestly, now that I have had time to think about it.....he was not just rude, he was downright mean!
Matthew was the same guy I spoke to this morning. He claimed to be in Reading, Pennsylvania. He totally clammed up when I said "I won't give you my credit card info over the phone but I'll come into your office in person"
Flag Sat Feb 27, 2016
1 2